The ego's in their squad makes me less than worried, buying 11 players and trying to keep 25 supposed first team players happy, it will never work. Just like Man City but they have a whole lot of quality players rather than position fillers.

I feel our squad might be a player or 2 short but we have the edge as stated in the opening post, McGregor, Bougherra, Davis and Miller are the best players in their position in the league and if they stay fit then we will be onto a winner. If Jelavic also proves his worth then it would be good to get another great strike partnership together. I do fear that Beattie will be a hard player to deal with if he isn't playing.

Very true mate and I also deliberately ignored the fact we could easily play less games if we're knocked out of the domestic cups... :whistle:

In many ways, I think the Euro games Celtic had are more like pre-season friendlies so I didn't count them. ;)

The timing of the games and the quality of the opposition will have a bigger impact than the number of games imo. It would be impossible to conclusively prove which would have a greater influence upon a squad of players but I would suggest that having to fit in additional midweek fixtures against top quality opposition during the league campaign would be by far the greater challenge.

Worded better than I could, S_A.... :thup:

At least Jelavic will be fresh - he'll probably be the only one though unless Smith makes a concious decision to play weaker teams in the CL.

I hope he won't.

The club, let alone the nation can scarcely afford another bleak CL campaign. :(