New gers book to be published....

There are a few good fan-led book projects doing the rounds at the moment and I think it's a bit unfair to suggest these are not worthy of our support based on pre-conceptions about individuals.

I understand these suspicions but as someone who enjoys writing and contributing to the community (though not to any published tomes) we should be careful not to tar people with the same brush as those who prefer to maintain mischief under the guise of inclusion.

I'll be perfectly frank about this.. it's not a money-spinner idea anyway, so Maineflyer's comments about people profitting are probably a moot point. Yes, books like this are quite interesting & this one will no doubt be a cracking read, but money-spinner? I don't think so...

There are a few good fan-led book projects doing the rounds at the moment and I think it's a bit unfair to suggest these are not worthy of our support based on pre-conceptions about individuals.

I understand these suspicions but as someone who enjoys writing and contributing to the community (though not to any published tomes) we should be careful not to tar people with the same brush as those who prefer to maintain mischief under the guise of inclusion.

Dance with the devil, Frankie, and the music never masks the stench. Neither will any amount of 'let's be fair to the contributors' hide the squalid individual who's hoping to gather credibility by association with ventures like this one. You know it, I know it, the world should know it.

Sometimes I'm just lost for words. Some of the comments, innuendo and accusations are frankly disgusting. This project is being led by Simon Leslie, a more honest or committed Bear you couldn't find. No individual will make money from this. Simon is part of a group which is responsible for both fundraising and links with the community. One of the ideas for this is to give books to schools and help promote the club and the fans to kids.

Sometimes I'm just lost for words. Some of the comments, innuendo and accusations are frankly disgusting. This project is being led by Simon Leslie, a more honest or committed Bear you couldn't find. No individual will make money from this. Simon is part of a group which is responsible for both fundraising and links with the community. One of the ideas for this is to give books to schools and help promote the club and the fans to kids.

And right on cue comes the predictable apologist for the pocket-liner whose image must be defended by all who depend on him. I don't believe anyone actually criticized any individual contributors to the book but you have to wonder at the motives of an RST whose activities now focus on association with books rather than the stagnation of the club. The only show in town seems to have finally closed it's doors and abandoned all pretence at being a supporters trust. Muppets.

And right on cue comes the predictable apologist for the pocket-liner whose image must be defended by all who depend on him. I don't believe anyone actually criticized any individual contributors to the book but you have to wonder at the motives of an RST whose activities now focus on association with books rather than the stagnation of the club. The only show in town seems to have finally closed it's doors and abandoned all pretence at being a supporters trust. Muppets.

Is it not a bit OTT to call plgsarmy an apologist, when all he's actually done is to effectively respond to your rhetoric? You said there were motives of profit behind this project & plgsarmy has said that 'No individual will make money from this'. You've then gone on to question the motives of the RST simply becasuse they're involved in this project? Again, this seems OTT.

Just exactly what are you on about? Who am I an apologist for? You were (and still are) the one insinuating that individuals would make money from this and I put you right. I told you the motives of this project which is just one of many we are involved in. We are not involved with any other book. Get your facts right before coming on and spouting rubbish. I don't mind you criticising the RST, that is your right, but don't go down the route of libel.

Edited by plgsarmy

Is it not a bit OTT to call plgsarmy an apologist, when all he's actually done is to effectively respond to your rhetoric? You said there were motives of profit behind this project & plgsarmy has said that 'No individual will make money from this'. You've then gone on to question the motives of the RST simply becasuse they're involved in this project? Again, this seems OTT.

If the RST gave �£5 to every Bear going in the turnstiles at Ibrox, Maineflyer would find fault. Oh, and it's she.