Sasa Papac has revealed he would be more than happy to remain at Rangers for the rest of his career.

More...

Rangers left-back Sasa Papac has revealed he would be more than happy to remain at Ibrox for the rest of his career.

The 30-year-old Bosnian is out of contract at the end of the season and could pen a Bosman deal with another club in January.

However, Rangers manager Walter Smith and chief executive Martin Bain have already opened discussions with the stopper over a potential new contract at the club.

And Papac, who helped his side to a 4-0 rout of Dundee United on Saturday, admits he would have no problem committing himself to the Glasgow outfit.

Focus

"I'm trying not to think about my contract as we have the SPL and Champions League to focus on but we'll see what happens," Papac told the Daily Record.

"Of course I would be happy to stay here for the rest of my career - this is my fifth season at the club. But I have learned that you never know what will happen in football.

"I'm in touch with the club at the moment and we will need to see if we can find an agreement.

"Right now I'm not thinking about a move abroad or to England. You never know what is round the corner but I must say that I've been very happy in Glasgow."

Winning

He added: "I could never have imagined it would turn out so well for me here. This is the longest I've ever stayed at one club. Normally after two or three years I move on.

"I like being here and winning medals - this has been the best spell of my life. I've won things, played in the Champions League and a Uefa Cup final.

"Of course it would be hard to leave but if it happens, that's life.

"I don't feel under pressure about the contract right now as my current one doesn't expire until May. I haven't even thought about the terms. We haven't spoken about money or the length of a new contract. That is for the future."

Edited by Frankie

Old Trafford aside, I don't think Papac has had a great start to the season but over the piece he's been a fine servant to the club and well worthy of a new contract.

I don't think he has an agent so hopefully it can be sorted directly between club and player asap.

Papac has done well considering the tag of a PLG signing ( commentators like to get that fact out...) and has won me over, very much as I wasn't keen on him to start with but he has been a model pro and a new deal would be perfect. I do agree that he needs some competition over this season and maybe more if he signs on.