Death Threats and David Edgar

OK the guy has written a book, that is DEs choice.

What I don't understand, if it was so bad with death threats etc. that it ruined his marraige, and upset his life so much. Why bring it all back into the public eye, it will not make things any easier for him.

But then perhaps he likes the publicity.

Perhaps he like the money more.

not sure the book is anything to do with the trust and I never mentioned them.

The former Trust's media rep's book which in its specific blurb to the media alleges death threats received by a variety of people because of his work with said organisation isn't about the Trust?

You may not have mentioned them but if you think this issue doesn't add to their current challenges, then I'm surprised.

OK the guy has written a book, that is DEs choice.

What I don't understand, if it was so bad with death threats etc. that it ruined his marraige, and upset his life so much. Why bring it all back into the public eye, it will not make things any easier for him.

But then perhaps he likes the publicity.

David wants to follow a career in the media and I don't blame him for doing that as he's a person I enjoy hearing from. I wish him every success.

However, he can't complain about threats affecting his life so badly on one hand then continue to do same the next day - be it releasing polemic books, podcasts or whatever. That lacks consistency.

Guest blackstoneisland
The former Trust's media rep's book which in its specific blurb to the media alleges death threats received by a variety of people because of his work with said organisation isn't about the Trust?

You may not have mentioned them but if you think this issue doesn't add to their current challenges, then I'm surprised.

ah right, I await more from the book to be published or until I read it and we shall see what comes out of it.

Not sure what angle he's taken when writing.

ah right, I await more from the book to be published or until I read it and we shall see what comes out of it.

Not sure what angle he's taken when writing.

I believe the vast majority of his book is about his experiences as a Rangers fan as opposed to a 'life and times of the RST' but (understandably some may say) he and his publisher have chosen to concentrate on the negative parts of his story as opposed to the positive to increase interest.

That's fair enough, they have a book to sell, but as touched on he can expect criticism as a result and the Trust will take their fair share as well rightly or wrongly.

Guest blackstoneisland
He sounds fucking pathetic. This is why I'm skeptical about any fan involvement in board rooms proceedings. They're not qualified to do anything other than watch football.

Tell that to Barcelona and about all German clubs my friend.

David wants to follow a career in the media and I don't blame him for doing that as he's a person I enjoy hearing from. I wish him every success.

However, he can't complain about threats affecting his life so badly on one hand then continue to do same the next day - be it releasing polemic books, podcasts or whatever. That lacks consistency.

Um, yes he can. No-one deserves threats of any kind but it shouldn't detract them from pursuing what they want to do.

Edited by OnlyOneAmoruso

Um, yes he can. No-one deserves threats of any kind but it shouldn't detract them from pursuing what they want to do.

You're taking that comment out of context.

Of course he can complain (and rightly so) but he's making it sound as if it was ruining his life one minute, then the next he's going back for even more via books and pod-casts.

As such, the complaints seem pretty shallow.