Strachan: Boyd is training to hard.

I dont think its a case of wanting him to fail, well it isnt with me anyway, Its more of a case of being proved right he will get found out as a poor player in a better league. His level was against run of the mill SPL sides and the SPL is on decline and has been for years.

Jelavic, Miller, Naismith would all be miles ahead of him right now and its not just the goals, look how well some of our attacking play has been. A lot said we should have built the forward play around Boyd but when see goals like our 2nd at Pittodrie thats the reason I always wanted more flair and knew we would bang in goals from everywhere without him.

I dont think its a case of wanting him to fail, well it isnt with me anyway, Its more of a case of being proved right he will get found out as a poor player in a better league. His level was against run of the mill SPL sides and the SPL is on decline and has been for years.

Jelavic, Miller, Naismith would all be miles ahead of him right now and its not just the goals, look how well some of our attacking play has been. A lot said we should have built the forward play around Boyd but when see goals like our 2nd at Pittodrie thats the reason I always wanted more flair and knew we would bang in goals from everywhere without him.

I must say, I said often that if Boyd left we may not have 1 player to score as many goals but more players would get in on the act. i never thought for 1 minute Kenny miller would be sitting on so many though.