RST's new Treasurer

This was actually a bit of an RST stronghold before the troubles. The fact that that has changed is nothing to do with Frankie's resignation from the RST, as we are able to think for ourselves on here. The RST don't need people to knock them off their horse they seem to manage to fall off themselves. Whether they should resign is obviously their choice but it would be good if they took a real good look in the mirror and ask themselves if they have taken the RST forward or backwards. An honest decision is all that is needed.

That's the bit that gets me are the posters on the message boards able to think for themselves or do they just follow like sheep sometimes.

As regards Frankie stepping down from the rst I do think it had an impact on the line of thinking on here.

That's a hell of a good post for a cult leader and about sums up my own feelings about this 'wee' forum. Takes a bit of getting used to at first if you don't know what to expect, and I didn't, but a certain Gersnet quality shines though soon enough.

I agree it would be completely misreading the situation to view this forum as anti-RST. I haven't found one member who is anti-RST, and I include myself in that. On the contrary, I'd say the vast majority of members simply want an effective RST that's run on the basis of transparency, inclusiveness and making a positive difference. The absence of all of these is what raises dissatisfaction with the way the Trust is run but I hear no one calling the Trust as such a bad idea.

Oh I can see this growing arms and legs over the coming weeks and months :whistle:

That's the bit that gets me are the posters on the message boards able to think for themselves or do they just follow like sheep sometimes.

Yes and no. Following like sheep seems quite insulting, but on any site there's going to be a grain - whether it's here, VB, FF, whatever - because people tend to post where they find comfortable and with people who they broadly think are like minded. The key thing is what happens when people do go against the grain - or don't follow the consensus - do they get shouted down? banned? Wherever there's a group there's consensus, but it's how people deal with it when consensus changes that's important.

As regards Frankie stepping down from the rst I do think it had an impact on the line of thinking on here.

I think it did too. Not because they follow like sheep, but because they, 'knowing' the people involved, follow the events and change their mind accordingly. I think those sorts of dealings - what they symbolised - showed that the RST was down a wrong path. I don't think the people that left were flawless, though - they perhaps should have stayed and fought to keep it out of self-serving hands, rather than resign and give in. Others have thought the RST was ineffective from its conception. Other think its fine. People from all spectrums post here, but I think you're right that Frankie stepping down had an impact on the line of thinking - partly because it's Frankie, and we know him, but moreso because of the circumstances involved.

I managed to get to Page 10 of this thread before I almost lost the will to live.

In the ensuing pages did pokeherface ever realise that the OP was simply pointing out that is was the 'method' in which the new treasurer was parachuted into the position which gives cause for concern?

Or was he deliberately avoiding that fact?

I managed to get to Page 10 of this thread before I almost lost the will to live.

In the ensuing pages did pokeherface ever realise that the OP was simply pointing out that is was the 'method' in which the new treasurer was parachuted into the position which gives cause for concern?

Hmmmmm which could it be?:whistle::)

If you'd struggled along to Page 12 you'd see the OP's question answered. Maybe he should have just e-mailed me if he wanted to know.:whistle:

If you'd struggled along to Page 12 you'd see the OP's question answered. Maybe he should have just e-mailed me if he wanted to know.:whistle:

Given that you're altogether quite picky about which questions you answer it probably seemed like too much of a gamble ;)

Given that you're altogether quite picky about which questions you answer it probably seemed like too much of a gamble ;)

I don't think I'm picky at all. I'll answer posts where I can but I don't see any point in answering things like 'how will the Trust move on from this' type of questions when it will be up to the Board to decide. If I post my views up here and then the Board decide on a different strategy, where does that leave me. Interesting though that you focus on what I haven't answered yet there is no mention of the (IMHO) very pertinent questions I asked Alan, all of which he ignored. Anyone can ask what they like and I will try to answer.

I'm afraid that the bread knife was coming out of the kitchen drawer at page 10.

Luckily the Samaritans answered straight away.