Will Jelavic start against Celtic?

I happen to think our 5-4-1 (or is it 3-5-1??!!) formation as used on Wednesday is absolutely tailor-made for the Girodome.

However, this would mean Jelavic on the bench surely?? (if Miller is fit)

How would we feel about this? I think playing an open 4-4-2 would be right down the tims' street.

Edited by Frank Hovis

I remember reading about this the other day and I must admit I really hope we go 4-4-2 against them.

I can understand the argument for a 5-4-1 but I think we're more than capable of matching their 4-4-2 and beating them. The thought of Miller and Jelavic up against Loovens and the slow turnip, sorry Swede, is just too good to put aside for conservatism.

I guess results in the interim will prove the deciding factor.

Guest bkkbear

it would seem the sensible thing to do. Jelavic up front for sure and even if he plays miller deeper so its a flexible 4 4 1 1 going into a 4 5 1 or 4 4 2 as need be.

it would seem the sensible thing to do. Jelavic up front for sure and even if he plays miller deeper so its a flexible 4 4 1 1 going into a 4 5 1 or 4 4 2 as need be.

Welcome to the forum.

IMO, a team doesn't pay over �£4million for a new signing then not play them in one of the hardest games they'll have all season.

Celtic are not Man Utd, are not Valencia and they're not even a Bursaspor. We don't need to be overly defensive.

:)

In another world, we had an oft' repeated line, 'tactics are for amateurs, professionals concentrate on logistics'.

It's ALL about support.

When I was but a Bear cub, ra Sellik were winning nine-in-a-row; but trips to ra piggery were never fearful. We had Colin Stein ploughing a lonely furrow, with Bud Johnston, Doddy, and Billy Jardine supporting. In the days of mostly, only one visit to ra piggery in a season, I remember a couple of one nil victories, and a storming 4-2 win.

Similarly today, as long as we ensure there are players in the midfield prepared, and capable of getting up in support; we will deservedly fcuk the green'n'grey hoops in their own midden. Miller up top on his own, requires a midfield containing Weiss, Naismith, and Davis.

In another world, we had an oft' repeated line, 'tactics are for amateurs, professionals concentrate on logistics'.

It's ALL about support.

When I was but a Bear cub, ra Sellik were winning nine-in-a-row; but trips to ra piggery were never fearful. We had Colin Stein ploughing a lonely furrow, with Bud Johnston, Doddy, and Billy Jardine supporting. In the days of mostly, only one visit to ra piggery in a season, I remember a couple of one nil victories, and a storming 4-2 win.

Similarly today, as long as we ensure there are players in the midfield prepared, and capable of getting up in support; we will deservedly fcuk the green'n'grey hoops in their own midden. Miller up top on his own, requires a midfield containing Weiss, Naismith, and Davis.

Which in turn allows the protection of McCulloch and Edu with a four man back line?

I wouldn't be averse to such a 4-5-1 (and I think that will be the team actually barring injuries) but a 5-4-1 with Wednesday's night's personnel is a bit too, well, fearful IMO.

Which in turn allows the protection of McCulloch and Edu with a four man back line?

I wouldn't be averse to such a 4-5-1 (and I think that will be the team actually barring injuries) but a 5-4-1 with Wednesday's night's personnel is a bit too, well, fearful IMO.

I liked Monsieur Le Guen's 4-2-3-1.

The two accomodates big Lee and Edu, the three is Weiss, Davis, and Naismith, and there can be only one, Ken-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

I breathe easier these days, knowing neither Jim Denny, nor Ally Scott will be in the team.