I can't see the importance of this in the slightest. As far as I'm concerned, a manager is judged by his results, not how many young foreigners are brought to the club and become world superstars - especially at a club like Rangers. The latter is not something I recall any manager in Scottish football history doing on a regular basis, and it's so uninteresting, you'll not easily find any stats on it.

However, the number one success in that regard must be Gattuso - world cup winner, who talks of Walter in glowing terms.

Walter has played loads of youths in his time and you only have to look to the League cup game for a great example - AND we won 7-2. We've recently had a very young squad with a blend of experience running through it, and they have dominated Scottish football, and only thwarted on winning every league title by what was effectively cheating.

Despite that, with 6 trophies in the bag and a UEFA cup final reached, and now with an almost perfect start to the season that we haven't seen in many a year including two excellent CL results, the axes are still out for Walter for his youth policy after ironically signing a young foreign player. Strange times indeed...

Despite that, with 6 trophies in the bag and a UEFA cup final reached, and now with an almost perfect start to the season that we haven't seen in many a year including two excellent CL results, the axes are still out for Walter for his youth policy after ironically signing a young foreign player. Strange times indeed...

There's no point in WS signing young unknown players because he doesn't play them. Keep the money rather than paying someone who will never play for us (under WS anyway).

WS signed Weiss but he had already made an impact at Man City last season and played in all 3 of his nations games at the WC.

He was one of four French youngsters who where on trial at start of the season. Two of them came back and played a couple more games, Gafaiti was the most impressive and looks like he has got a contract, midfield player looked decent with out being a standout. Skillful but also looked pretty strong, he is only 16 though, so early days.

I can't see the importance of this in the slightest. As far as I'm concerned, a manager is judged by his results, not how many young foreigners are brought to the club and become world superstars - especially at a club like Rangers. The latter is not something I recall any manager in Scottish football history doing on a regular basis, and it's so uninteresting, you'll not easily find any stats on it.

However, the number one success in that regard must be Gattuso - world cup winner, who talks of Walter in glowing terms.

Walter has played loads of youths in his time and you only have to look to the League cup game for a great example - AND we won 7-2. We've recently had a very young squad with a blend of experience running through it, and they have dominated Scottish football, and only thwarted on winning every league title by what was effectively cheating.

Walter's fanboy types another boring essay. Walter has played lots of youths? Hmmm :whistle:

Remember the state of our squad when he left first time round? Advocaat had to buy a whole new squad which was the catalyst in our endless financial problems. Maybe if he'd been bringing in youth players we wouldn't have had to spend buckets of gold.

Walter's doing well just now but he's not immune from criticism.

Edited by Totti

Walter's doing well just now but he's not immune from criticism.

Some people believe WS is immune from any form of criticism. He's a legend in my eyes and probably every Rangers fans would agree but he's made soome boobs along the way too just not as many as previous managers.