Ive been a critic of him since he signed, but thought ht looked great in pre season when I watched us in Australia. he looked a different player.

He has carried that into the first 9 games this season and is proven me wrong and im glad to eat my words. He has to do it over a season to prove he is quality but he is going about it the right way.

Awesome stuff. Take a bow son!

I could never see this in Boyd but Naismith has much much more in his locker.

As Andy Gray would say - Steven Naismith, take a bow son, take a bow.

Not only did he have a great game but his touch, piece of skill and finish for the goal were top class. It's an old cliche, but he does feel like we've signed a new player.

He actually started last season not that bad but tailed off quite badly, picked up a little in a few games near the end of the season.

This season he has been a different player, maybe we have found a proper position for him at last? lets hope he keeps it up and hopefully steers clear of injuries.

Guest carson1912

Naismith has been troubled with injuries and it often takes players a run of games to get their timing, touch and confidence up to speed.

Young Naismith came be a real star for us for years to come, He has pace, a decent touch, a good engine, a bit of aggression and an eye for goal.

keep it up son

He was a wonderkid at Killie. Arsene Wenger after all did give him a trial. Came to us and looked pretty awful on the most part. One of many attackers not helped by being shifted around in different positions. Looks like he has now adapted to his position and a run of games is helping him immensely. He is a deep lying forward originally (or a second striker) and sometimes such players can struggle wide in a midfield 4. He now looks every bit the player that we thought we were getting. I wonder if when he first came and simply got a run in his proper position then we might have had a different player in recent years.

He's hit form at the right time because at 24 an attacking player is not going to develop all that much more.