Good Article from FF - Church or Chapel?

Regarding the highlighted part of your post, this seems to be utterly unnecessary since no one has ever questioned either your commitment to the club or the nature of your interest. You clearly infer that you are being victimized as some kind of "lesser" supporter, when absolutely no such assertion was made ... Why?

No, I'm not trying to infer that at all, but on other forums guys who say pretty much the same as what I've said get the sniff sniff, must be Jungle Jim treatment etc, so I was simply pointing out that I couldn't give a monkey's what anyone thinks of me just because I'm only really interested in the football & not all of the other stuff. The difference is though, that when guys on other forums get the sniff sniff treatment etc, it's generally because they're going on the offensive & attacking other fans beliefs and/or rights. So essentially, they deserve what they get! hehehe...

No, I'm not trying to infer that at all, but on other forums guys who say pretty much the same as what I've said get the sniff sniff, must be Jungle Jim treatment etc, so I was simply pointing out that I couldn't give a monkey's what anyone thinks of me just because I'm only really interested in the football & not all of the other stuff. The difference is though, that when guys on other forums get the sniff sniff treatment etc, it's generally because they're going on the offensive & attacking other fans beliefs and/or rights. So essentially, they deserve what they get! hehehe...

I think you're right to say it the way you see it. I'm not into the religious stuff myself, never have been, but I do feel quite strongly about the Union and I detest the insidious attacks on it. Mostly, like you, I'm a football man. However, while you and I have our own personal points of interest, it's undeniable that those other identifiers do have relevance to the general support and are part of the Rangers heritage. I can fully appreciate that not everyone will have a personal interest or commitment to every aspect of that heritage but I think we all have to admit that these things are part of who we are and what has brought us here. I definitely didn't mean any sniff sniff at all but I am kinda suspect if anyone denies these wider issues are part of what defines our community, when they clearly are. :thup: