Nithsdale statement re court case

It's a disappointing outcome but it's certainly not a disaster and there's a great deal that's positive to take out of this. Most important of all is that for once a group of Rangers fans stood together and WERE counted ... personally I would be shouting this from the rooftops as an encouragement to the next group who don't feel like taking it up the sphincter.

Really well done Nithsdale RSC. You put a marker down and showed every other Rangers supporter what can be done if people act together. You didn't win the case but you probably won more than Dundee Utd, who you forced to stand and defend the most ridiculous position. If this could be turned into a boycott for even one future game then you would have won everything. If we had an RST worth the name, they would already be organising it .. as it is, with your example as a foundation stone, we can probably do it anyway.[/quote

RST...ASSEMBLY....everyone of them should act together over this.

That will never happen ... Ordinary fans are the only hope out there. The Assembly will do as the club dictates, the RST will maintain it's form by doing nothing at all.

Guest TheWorthyEd

A concerted boycott by all RSC's should be organised here.

It goes against the grain of many, but sometimes direct action is the only way.

I would be disappointed if other RSC's didn't back such a move.

Solidarity and all that.

Sun 28th November looms large.

A concerted boycott by all RSC's should be organised here.

It goes against the grain of many, but sometimes direct action is the only way.

I would be disappointed if other RSC's didn't back such a move.

Solidarity and all that.

Sun 28th November looms large.

That is too soon to organise anything - all the clubs will have been allocated their tickets by now.

Guest TheWorthyEd
That is too soon to organise anything - all the clubs will have been allocated their tickets by now.

Six weeks away? Surely Rangers Football Club can't oblige supporters to take match tickets under any circumstances? What if there was a war, floods, famine, pestilence, dogs and cats living together, fire and brimstone (the whole biblical disaster thing........alright, I'm being facetious).

Surely the supporters clubs have the right of refusal for circumstances they deem unfavourable for their members?

Ticking a box on a form doesn't tie you to the finality of the thing, surely?

Dissapointing to hear TSB, although I'd echo MF's sentiments that your fight was a worthwhile one and it was long overdue that a group of Rangers supporters got together and decided enough is enough. I'm sure DUFC didn't expect a case to be brought against them over this and doing so will have pissed them off no end and, we must hope, made them think again about their treatment of supporters, nay, customers.

I'd love to think this sort of concerted action is the start of something in terms of the Rangers support at large getting together and standing up for themselves, but if the RST hasn't been able to co-ordinate itself into a viable force in the four or five years of its existence, I can't expect it to happen anytime soon. That's not to start an RST 10-pager, it's just frustrating when you see how far one RSC can get when it puts its mind to it when we have a body supposed to represent every one of us continually failing to live up to its raison d'etre. A boycott of just one match at Tannadice would be a huge statement IMO.

I think it's the next game at Tannadice after the 28th Nov or nothing - with each passing Rangers game at Tannadice that passes without a boycott, the message loses a bit of force.

I don't think you will ever get a total boycott, there are too many fans who want to go and support Rangers no matter what the circumstances are.

FWIW, I agree with the boycott,in fact it is long overdue IMO,but that's easy for me to say as I don't get to away games

A boycott would be the right direction however if the away allocation is one quarter full then that is at least a statement. I can't see a full boycott especially for fans that could live in the area or have made plans to goto the match.