Keeping McShagger

His stock has been steadily climbing pretty much since he displaced Letizi. His stupendous save against Bremen in 2008 gave some idea of how much he'd bloomed since becoming our established number 1, and this season he's been absolutely fantastic at quite simply the highest levels - qualifying for the Euros, including another virtuoso display against the best team in the world, plus in the CL where he has kept 2 clean sheets including one V UTD.

The guy is hot property now and also seems to have displaced Gordon as the national #1.

He's been linked away in the past, to Newcastle and Benfica in particular, but thankfully he remains ours.

The question is how long will that remain the case? He's a Premiership quality keeper, and surely the vultures will start circling soon. Every player has his price and that includes McGregor, so is there any realistic chance we can hold onto him past January?

UTD and Arsenal are both really in the hunt for a new keeper, and while Given seems likely to go to Arsenal, with UTD having a scout at Hampden, could they come in for him?

Or is there any chance we can keep him?

He was prone to a few errors in previous seasons, especially at the start of last season or the season before, but he's improved no end. My expectations of McGregor have rocketed as I wasn't his biggest fan. I always felt Alexander was treated unfairly 2 or 3 seasons ago and deserved to keep the number 1 jersey. I'm glad WS decided to give McGregor the jersey though and he's shown us all it was the correct decision WS made.

Hwever, one thing that slightly worries with McGregor is his temper/attitude sometimes, moreso this season. He's been caught on camera a few times aiming kicks at opposition players. I hope WS and McGregor both address this and stamp it out his game.

As for his ambition and transfer value, obviously his value has rocketed especially after his performances midweek for Scotland but I think he's happy to play for us and isn't interested in moving. Obviously that can change and/or Rangers might do a "Hutton" and sell him whether he wants to go or not.

All in all, I'm delighted with McGregors performances though. Keep it up!

Of course we can keep him, but that will depend on the following 3 factors;

1. None of the really big EPL clubs come in for him. Other EPL clubs could easily meet our valuation, but I am confident McGregor will only want to move to a biggy.

2. We can offer him terms that he is happy with. He will know he can earn more elsewhere, but if he earns a good wage with us, added to the good factors about staying with us, we can be fairly confident about retaining him.

3. He can stay where he is, close to his family, and continue to win things and become a Rangers legend. If he continues to mature with experience, he could, I repeat "could" get his reputation up there with The Goalie. He will see how highly Goram is regarded by bears, over a decade after his last game for the club, and this type of life-long admiration can be a good earner for these guys (not that they should need it) with functions, books etc as a Rangers legend.

I honestly think if one of the big EPL sides come in for him and offer something in the region of �£7m he will be off,I agree he would not got to a mediocre EPL side as he is used to winning trophies and will want to keep winning trophies,he knows he can keep winning things with Rangers,and has already been said he would/could become a Rangers legend,however money talks and with all the shit he recieves in Scotland,a lot of that is down to himself,he might just be tempted.

I rate McGregor that high that I think he could walk into Old Trafford and be their No.1

Danny mentions the Bremen save which was outstanding but the one at Parkhead was the tops for me.

As mentioned he has a temper but most of our legends had that also, Goram was no stranger to a slap here and there.

If he does move on then I hope he goes to a top 6 club rather than a Stoke or Bolton. I felt Gordon made the wrong move going to Sunderland when Villa wanted him.

I rate McGregor that high that I think he could walk into Old Trafford and be their No.1

Danny mentions the Bremen save which was outstanding but the one at Parkhead was the tops for me.

As mentioned he has a temper but most of our legends had that also, Goram was no stranger to a slap here and there.

If he does move on then I hope he goes to a top 6 club rather than a Stoke or Bolton. I felt Gordon made the wrong move going to Sunderland when Villa wanted him.

Remember Goram hitting Dicanio on the back of the head TWICE at Ibrox??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YP1guLeKFg]YouTube - an andy double[/ame]