Everyone should be doing their best to persuade WS to stay on as manager.

WALTER SMITH insists there's no chance of him changing his mind and reversing his decision to step down from his post as Rangers manager at the end of the season.

The Light Blues boss has overseen the club's best ever start to a league campaign over his two spells at the helm this term.

Walter Smith at trainingHe has also watched his side make an excellent start to the Champions League ahead of Wednesday's home clash with Valencia.

But despite all that, he maintains he will walk away from his role next May to make way for a younger man.

At 63, Smith feels the time will be right for him to move on and he revealed at today's AGM at the Clyde Auditorium there's no scope for a U-turn.

He said: "It was an awkward decision to make but I think it's the right thing for both myself and the club as well.

"The last time, I maybe hung around a little bit too long and this time I didn't expect to be back for four and a half years.

"I just think the job itself needs a younger person in it to give it an edge and to provide continued motivation as we try to overcome the problems we've had as a club.

"Sometimes I've found that part of it a little bit difficult and as you go on and get a little bit older, your tolerance levels aren't quite they once were.

From the fishul site.

He is going at the end of the season,end of,we will move on with McCoist in charge,but I'm certain WS will be available to ally whenever he needs some advice. If SA has not learned anything working beside WS for Scotland and Rangers then he will never learn anything. SA will get the support of 99.9% of Rangers fans,which is the way it should be,so I suppose time will tell if SA has learned how to manage the Rangers!!.

He is going at the end of the season,end of,we will move on with McCoist in charge,but I'm certain WS will be available to ally whenever he needs some advice. If SA has not learned anything working beside WS for Scotland and Rangers then he will never learn anything. SA will get the support of 99.9% of Rangers fans,which is the way it should be,so I suppose time will tell if SA has learned how to manage the Rangers!!.

Should he not get 100%?;)