Only problem I have with him being arrested for possession is the fact that he got arrested. I mean, if you were a plod & you caught Gazza with something illegal, you would just take the shit off him, tell him to go home & then turn in/right up the contraband as 'found'. Instead of that you've got some twat arresting the guy for something that 100's of thousands of people are doing every week or month in the UK.. It's the plod that arrested him that's sad, not Gazza. Ok, so he's an idiot and needs to get his shit together, but these twats arresting him for possession are no better a man than he is IMO. They probably let off tons of possession cases, but because it's Gazza, they just had to take it all the way & actually do their jobs for once. Quality.

Couldnt disagree with this more.

The police's job is to protect the public and uphold the law. Drug possession is illegal therefore the policeman was doing his job. Simple.

How do you know they "let off tons of possession cases" ? You dont, it just fits in with what you want to think.

If it was an ex-Tim and news broke that he was let off with a possession case you would be shouting about how the plod didnt do his job.

If Gazza had drugs this really is a simple case. He had illegal drugs, policeman does his job and arrests him. Quite fucking right IMO.

Gazza has major problems, major problems - and you think that the best thing to do is for a copper to find him with drugs and basically turn a blind eye. How do you know that the policeman doesnt see this as a chance to highlight Gazza's plight to him and try to force him to wake up to the downward spiral he is in ?

It is NOT just the case that Gazza "is an idiot and needs to get his shit together" - what he apparently did was ILLEGAL - and the bobby was well within his rights, and in fact his obligation, to arrest him.

You hit the nail on the head with one part though...... THEY DID THEIR JOB.

Craig just as i wanted to say it but better. :thup:

If Gascoigne runs over a kid in his drink or drugged up state behind the wheel of a car then everyone will be saying: Why was this guy not stopped before by the police. The guy was a good football player but is a prick of a human being. I have totally no sympathy with him as he has plenty of chances to get his life together but refuses to do so.

Im losing sympathy for him also. He was on that irish TV channel the other week and looked good and was talking fine but he was obviously full of lies saying he had been dry for so long. 2 weeks later he is done for drink driving and druck possession again.

He has a major depression problem and obviously cant be on his own and his body is craving drink and drugs all the time.

He cant go to rehab as he just checks himself out so some sort of prison / mental hospital to make him dry out for a while would be a start.

Couldnt disagree with this more.

The police's job is to protect the public and uphold the law. Drug possession is illegal therefore the policeman was doing his job. Simple.

How do you know they "let off tons of possession cases" ? You dont, it just fits in with what you want to think.

If it was an ex-Tim and news broke that he was let off with a possession case you would be shouting about how the plod didnt do his job.

If Gazza had drugs this really is a simple case. He had illegal drugs, policeman does his job and arrests him. Quite fucking right IMO.

Gazza has major problems, major problems - and you think that the best thing to do is for a copper to find him with drugs and basically turn a blind eye. How do you know that the policeman doesnt see this as a chance to highlight Gazza's plight to him and try to force him to wake up to the downward spiral he is in ?

It is NOT just the case that Gazza "is an idiot and needs to get his shit together" - what he apparently did was ILLEGAL - and the bobby was well within his rights, and in fact his obligation, to arrest him.

You realise prohibition is proven to be a failed ideology.

Yes it's breaking the law but who gives a fuck. Half the laws in this country are fcking ridiculous. What is more of a concern if the mindset he is in and how hes affecting others

Edited by Totti

One thing Gazza is lacking is not knowing how lucky he is. George Best eventually died due to drink, the Great Brian Laudrup who is a gent and hasnt abused any substance in his life gets cancer yet Gazza continues to abuse himself.

I love Gazza to bits but I think he is beyond helping himself.

Makes a change then. Like I said - Quality!

How do you know they "let off tons of possession cases" ?

I know. It's a fact. End of.

I also have a friend who's the top man in his division of the Drug Squad.

You dont, it just fits in with what you want to think.

Wrong. Telling me what I know or more to the point, what I DON'T know fits in with what YOU want to think.

No I wouldn't. I couldn't give a rats ass about some 'ex-tim' or what happens to him. They only thing that would really perk my interest is the last boat leaving to take the last one home.

I'm telling you right now that 100's maybe even 1000's of people get let off with drug possession every weekend in the UK. Quite often it'll be simply turning a blind eye to it. Walking down the street smoking a fat spliff is illegal, but the police turn a blind eye to it constantly... thousands of times a week. If they do anything it'll be a warning and confiscation of the contraband 9 out of 10 times. The Drug Squad tend not to arrest for possession because they're generally doing their jobs & actually trying to catch dealers. The average plod though.. well that's different. As Gav kinda proved.. there's bound to be tons of them out there that would see arresting Gazza as a right old result!

The only person that can wake Gazza up is himself, maybe with the continued help of his family. Some f*cking jobsworthy copper isn't going to sort out that man's life by arresting him & getting him in even more shit than he's already in.

Like I said ..... It makes a change.