St Mirren 1 - 3 Rangers: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Despite best efforts of referee, Rangers re-assume SPL lead after comfortable victory against St Mirren.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=334:st-mirren-1-3-rangers-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=1:articles&Itemid=67

:kl:

Big man has had a improved season so far this term and he brought a much needed urgency to our play yesterday.

:)

Lafferty did make the difference when he came on and probably deserves it,but I'll go for Naismith again,the wee man is on excellent form and never hides,always involved in any good play from Rangers,worked hard again,scored again and was unlucky to see the goal chalked off.Can we do without him?.

Im gonna agree with Frankie and say Lafferty. Nobody deserved it in the first half as it was rank, but Lafferty made a big difference and contribution in the 2nd.

He could become an important player in the next few months until Jelavic comes back.

Over the whole game Naismith was the best player but lafferty made the difference when he came on so i am happy to give it to lafferty.

To be honest i think the swipe at the ref is a bit unfair. He did make a mistake with the goal but the best angle to see that was from a camera with zoom lens from the touchline. The ref did not have that option. The Linesman may have saw it but as for the ref he\they were looking through a mass of players and given all the trouble I doubt many linesmen will be making many influential decisions in the near future. Does the rule still exist: If in doubt the defensive team get the advantage?

As for the penalty I can actually see why the ref gave it. Davis did move his arm away from his body allowing the ball to pass between his body and his arm. The ref probably judged the movement to be a blocking movement. I have seen more dubious penalties been given. I actually felt the ref had a pretty decent game although he could have applied the advantage rule a bit better on occasions.

Sorry pete but Craig Thomson has shown time after time that consistency is not his strong point.

There was no foul at the Naismith 'goal' (other than perhaps on Naismith) so it doesn't matter what view he had, it should have stood. Davis tried to move his arm in order to miss the ball not deliberately stop it. To give a penalty for that was ludicrous.

This ref seems to have issues being fair in our games. What are the odds of him being the ref in the next Old Firm game after yesterday's 'honest' mistakes?

Lafferty has the most assists in the SPL this season at 5. I hate seeing him on the left, he's much better through the middle where his pace can cause problems. Why have we played strikers out wide so many times in the last 5 or so years? Particularly wide in a midfield 4?

One thing about Lafferty is his goal record at club level over his career is nothing short of abysmal. He has to work on that but it's not just his fault - playing out of position doesn't help. His goal ratio isn't much better than a lot of defenders.

Lafferty is definitely more effective as a striker but because he works the channels quite well that's why some manager's feel he can play out wide. He has had a few good games on the left but generally I'd much rather play him up front.