I never said Jeff was speaking the truth because he supports Rangers (he can talk rubbish sometimes, as we all can though). I was asking in what context did he make the comment because you yourself are horrifically biased in any discussion of authority figures like your fellow police and now it appears stewards.

Your attitude almost comes across as if they can do no wrong which we all know is not true.

A large part of the reason I asked is we have long standing issues of stewards at Ibrox being dicks and it was not hard to imagine a steward being a jobsworth fool. And I disagree it is ok for them to be blocking people's view for any length of time. People pay a lot of money to watch the football and these guys should not be preventing people's enjoyment of what we have paid to see. Add in often poor attitudes and an uneven way in which stewarding is applied in Scotland and it's not hard to see why they get a bad press.

It is possible from what you have quoted from Winter that the guy wasn't doing too much wrong, but it's hardly worth getting upset over fairly tame comments.

I never said Jeff was speaking the truth because he supports Rangers (he can talk rubbish sometimes, as we all can though). I was asking in what context did he make the comment because you yourself are horrifically biased in any discussion of authority figures like your fellow police and now it appears stewards.

I don't care about stewards or cops who I don't know. Yes I stick up for the job I do but know that there are many arseholes doing what I do just like there are many arseholes out there who work in gyms or work on building sites or play professional football. What's the difference between me being "horrifically biased" about my job and you being "horrifically biased" towards Rangers? It could be argued that we're both blinkered in our views.

Your attitude almost comes across as if they can do no wrong which we all know is not true.

No one is perfect but I do believe that some people get a tougher time of it for no reason. For example, Neil Lennon. Ha, only joking! ;)

A large part of the reason I asked is we have long standing issues of stewards at Ibrox being dicks and it was not hard to imagine a steward being a jobsworth fool. And I disagree it is ok for them to be blocking people's view for any length of time. People pay a lot of money to watch the football and these guys should not be preventing people's enjoyment of what we have paid to see. Add in often poor attitudes and an uneven way in which stewarding is applied in Scotland and it's not hard to see why they get a bad press.

My point was that the steward wasn't blocking anyones view for a considerable length of time. Again, he was simply doing his job. It's not his fault. I've had the pleasure of being spoken to by a fat dick of a steward with an attitude problem but what's to say that the guy in that photo wasn't decent? I've also seen the way supervisors talk to the stewards before the fans are allowed into the ground. To say it's out of order isn't close.

It is possible from what you have quoted from Winter that the guy wasn't doing too much wrong, but it's hardly worth getting upset over fairly tame comments.

I'm not upset but simply answering others posts.

My point was that the steward wasn't blocking anyones view for a considerable length of time. .

Sorry to be pedantic Gav, but you don't know that for sure. You're assuming he quickly walked down not getting in anyone's way for any length of time, but there's every chance he wasn't moving quickly at all or possibly even stopped several times blocking the view of quite a number of people.

So by not agreeing with a rangers supporter that makes me a timmy apologist?

Behave yourself.

No, just various recent posts like making excuses about celtic poppy ban, making excuses about the amount of 'bad' Celtic fans, criticising one of the few media figures who rights positively about us, criticising royalty etc ;)