Europa League - possible opponents

Odd you miss out City and Villarreal the strongest sides there. Then there's the likes of Leverkusen who are 3rd top in Germany, far ahead of Bayern. We'd stand little chance against Liverpool, Zenit and Ruban too

Aye, theoretically we're gonna get hammered. Tell you what, let's just withdraw for the competition. We stood little chance against Fiorentina et al a couple of years ago and look what happened. We're well organised, we've one of the best keepers in Europe at the moment and hopefully will have a fully-fit and flying Jelavic come the next round to go with Kenny Miller still scoring. It's not quite as bleak as you may think.

Aye, theoretically we're gonna get hammered. Tell you what, let's just withdraw for the competition. We stood little chance against Fiorentina et al a couple of years ago and look what happened. We're well organised, we've one of the best keepers in Europe at the moment and hopefully will have a fully-fit and flying Jelavic come the next round to go with Kenny Miller still scoring. It's not quite as bleak as you may think.

Jelavic can't play for us in the Europa League unfortunately mate. He'd have been allowed to play in the CL knockout stages if we'd qualified, but won't be allowed to play in the Europa because he played for Rapid in that comp' & they qualified for the group stage. Explained here - http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/211730-jelavic-unable-to-play-for-rangers-in-the-europa-league/

Jelavic can't play for us in the Europa League unfortunately mate. He'd have been allowed to play in the CL knockout stages if we'd qualified, but won't be allowed to play in the Europa because he played for Rapid in that comp' & they qualified for the group stage. Explained here - http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/211730-jelavic-unable-to-play-for-rangers-in-the-europa-league/

Ah, I thought he was ok after the group stage.

OK, WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMEED

That's my accumulator gone.

Italian teams are notoriously unpredictable to bet on. Roma appear to be doing the business tonight though and could be a wildcard in the CL this season with a pretty damn tasty frontline

Odd you miss out City and Villarreal the strongest sides there. Then there's the likes of Leverkusen who are 3rd top in Germany, far ahead of Bayern. We'd stand little chance against Liverpool, Zenit and Ruban too

Man City are unpredictable, we could just as easily catch them on a good day as we could a bad. Can't say i know too much about Villareal this season but Spanish sides are always quality. We could take Liverpool (REF Man City) as for the Russians, we'll you just don't know. My point to you mate is why you being so negative? Freedom of speech or not i can't be arsed hearing it and don't really see the point in it. I remember the season we got to the Final and remember thinking our team is just like a sponge, we soak up all the pressure and and nick a goal. Worked last time so why not this time round? Unless you have a crystal ball and can see the future??

Man City are unpredictable, we could just as easily catch them on a good day as we could a bad. Can't say i know too much about Villareal this season but Spanish sides are always quality. We could take Liverpool (REF Man City) as for the Russians, we'll you just don't know. My point to you mate is why you being so negative? Freedom of speech or not i can't be arsed hearing it and don't really see the point in it. I remember the season we got to the Final and remember thinking our team is just like a sponge, we soak up all the pressure and and nick a goal. Worked last time so why not this time round? Unless you have a crystal ball and can see the future??

I agree bluedan. Im realistic enough to know that we would be underdogs in most european games these days, but is being a football fan not about dreaming your team can beat the better teams and cause an upset like we did when we made it to the final. I also think we are playing better than we did that year. Until we can afford better players this is the way it'll be for a bit yet but I still love watching our team compete in any competition hoping we do well.

What happened to NO SURRENDER??