Voetbal International the biggest football magazine in Holland are saying that Wolfsburg Panathinaikos and Rangers are in for Theo Janssen in the January window. Wolfsburg with Steve McClaren will probably be favourites to sign him though. That is if McClaren makes the Winter stop as the Wolfsburg manager. Janssen has a clause in his contract that lets him go for 3.5 mill euro's. Janssen has already scored 6 goals this season from the midfield. He has a fantastic shot which makes him deadly at free kicks about the box. Being a left sided midfielder he would suit the bill for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_Janssen

No disrespect but here we go again , this week it's dutch papers , last week it was italian , throw in Tonge from Stoke and Wattie's usual declaration of no money in January coupled with playing complete novices against the Turks and your left with only reasonable conclusion........here we go again , complete mind F**K

To be honest i can see him ending up somewhere in Germany but the guy from Voetbal International stated in a video interview that Rangers were certainly interested. VI don't normally talk shite they are well up on what is going on within Dutch clubs.

That he will be leaving in January is highly likely as he has stated many times he has seen enough of Dutch football and wants to try life abroad.Whether sunny Glasgow is what he is thinking of i don't know Twente want to get some cash for him rather than he walks transfer free away. . I think VI have enough insight and info into what is going on that i am pretty certain that Rangers have made an inquiry or have had scouts watching him. We have been looking for a left footed midfielder for years so that also fits in. At 3.5 mill Euro's he is in the price range we could afford.:hm: As i said i think he will end up in Germany, and certainly if McClaren keeps his job.

As for the step up to the EPL i don't know, he is 29 already so it would need to happen quickly. He is a good player but was an enfant terrible in the past so he will have to be coached correctly. He has matured for himself to be honest.

We will have to wait and see for the rest but as Ally said i won't be holding my breath until he comes.

No disrespect but here we go again , this week it's dutch papers , last week it was italian , throw in Tonge from Stoke and Wattie's usual declaration of no money in January coupled with playing complete novices against the Turks and your left with only reasonable conclusion........here we go again , complete mind F**K

You know silly season has started when Kenny Miller is linked with AC Milan and Kris Boyd with Juventus. In comparison Janssen at least sounds semi-credible.

FC Twente gaat transfermarkt op bij eventueel vertrek Janssen

Donderdag, 9 december 2010 om 10:40

Mocht Theo Janssen vertrekken bij FC Twente, dan gaan de Tukkers de transfermarkt op om een vervanger te halen. De middenvelder beschikt over een gelimiteerde afkoopsom van naar verluidt 3,5 miljoen euro in zijn contract en staat in de belangstelling van diverse buitenlandse clubs. ââ?¬Å?Als hij gaat, brengt dat natuurlijk geld op. Dan halen we daar weer een vervanger voorââ?¬Â, zei Joop Munsterman.

/

De voorzitter van Twente is bekend met de geruchten over VfL Wolfsburg, Panathinaikos en Glasgow Rangers, maar vooralsnog hebben deze clubs Ã?©Ã?©n ding gemeen: ââ?¬Å?Bij mij heeft niemand zich ooit gemeldââ?¬Â, zei Munsterman tegen TwenteSport. De 29-jarige Janssen heeft zelf aangegeven wel wat te voelen voor een winters vertrek, nu hij al zijn doelstellingen bij FC Twente heeft bereikt.

Vermoedelijk hoeft Twente geen nieuwe shirts te drukken voor de vervanger van Janssen, daar zijn naamgenoot Willem Janssen van Roda JC hoog op de verlanglijst van de landskampioen staat. Enkele weken geleden werd er al beweerd dat de overgang van de middenvelder zelfs al een zekerheid was, maar de offici�«le bevestiging van Twente ontbreekt nog. Willem Janssen is in de zomer transfervrij.

Gist of the story is that the chairman of Twente has not had any contact with anyone but is accepting that Janssen is going. Twente have virtually signed his replacement Willem Janssen from Roda so they don't even have to buy new shirts.:)