Inverness CT 1 - 1 Rangers: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Wasteful Rangers regret missed chances and lethargic first half performance to drop points in Highlands.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=350:inverness-ct-1-1-rangers-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

:am:

One of our players that consistently delivers a high standard every week - no matter the opposition.

Honourable mentions to Beattie and Wylde who showed quality and hunger when they came on as subs. Both should start next week.

Was also thinking McGregor deserved MOTM for his couple of fine saves amidst another lethergic performance.

We cannot keep playing 45 minute games whilst giving the oppo a goal of a start.

Poor finishing by Miller and Naismith which would only have papered over a dismal performance. Thought Beattie looked better than I have seen him to date, and hope he can get his first goal to get him started, and I was hoping we would have let him take the penalty just to get him his first goal, rather than the awful Miller (smashing goal aside) whose selfish and lacklustre performance at least spares us another week of "give Miller the money" articles.

Beattie should really have scored his chance when he slid in, but he cocked it up by strangely deciding that sliding in on his knees was a better option than attacking with his feet. Must have lost sight of the ball and got caught between a diving header and sliding in feet first or something. Still a cracking chance that was basically a tap in if he'd attacked it because he could definitely have reached it.

Beattie should really have scored his chance when he slid in, but he cocked it up by strangely deciding that sliding in on his knees was a better option than attacking with his feet. Must have lost sight of the ball and got caught between a diving header and sliding in feet first or something. Still a cracking chance that was basically a tap in if he'd attacked it because he could definitely have reached it.

Ball was drilled too much for him to make contact. Peter Crouch wouldnt have made contact with that ball ! Beattie probably got caught a half yard behind the ball but making contact was still not a given.

From my seat right behind the goal at the side Beattie was sliding in at, it looked to me that the ball was drilled far too hard across goal for him to have any chance at getting to it. Perhaps he was slow to get moving and that was why he never reached it, but he was certainly more short than the distance between his knee and his boot. Not seen it back on tv, so it may have looked worse from the tv angle, but from about 20 feet away he had no chance to score.

From my seat right behind the goal at the side Beattie was sliding in at, it looked to me that the ball was drilled far too hard across goal for him to have any chance at getting to it. Perhaps he was slow to get moving and that was why he never reached it, but he was certainly more short than the distance between his knee and his boot. Not seen it back on tv, so it may have looked worse from the tv angle, but from about 20 feet away he had no chance to score.

If you were only 20ft away I trust your judgement mate. On the TV replay it looked like he could have got to it if he'd attacked it differently, but obviously not.

If you were only 20ft away I trust your judgement mate. On the TV replay it looked like he could have got to it if he'd attacked it differently, but obviously not.

I only saw it on the TV at the time Zappa.... but my take was that Whittaker (I think) drilled it too hard fotr Beattie to make a realistic attempt on the ball. I dont think Whittaker needed to drill it as hard because he had enough space and enough of an angle to cut the keeper off without hitting it so hard.

It looked to me as if Beattie was conscious of having to stay onside, which is why he was slightly behind the ICT defender - when the ball then came whizzing in he didnt have enough time to make up the ground - him sliding on his knees was effectively him accepting he wouldnt get to it - IMO.

I only saw it on the TV at the time Zappa.... but my take was that Whittaker (I think) drilled it too hard fotr Beattie to make a realistic attempt on the ball. I dont think Whittaker needed to drill it as hard because he had enough space and enough of an angle to cut the keeper off without hitting it so hard.

It looked to me as if Beattie was conscious of having to stay onside, which is why he was slightly behind the ICT defender - when the ball then came whizzing in he didnt have enough time to make up the ground - him sliding on his knees was effectively him accepting he wouldnt get to it - IMO.

Whittaker's ball was perfect, (IMO) but Beattie misjudged it. If he'd slid in feet first I think he'd have had a great chance of getting to it. It's just an opinion though and we had better chances than that one.