Smith unfazed by draw

Hopefully it'll be a big team who'll beat us over two legs meaning we can concentrate on retaining the SPL Championship.

I either want that or a really shit team who we can hopefully beat and get a bit further in Europe.

What I don't want is an average side who will expose us for what we really are

Im baffled as to why anyone would want us to get beat. Being in this comp doesnt mean we wont retain the SPL title at all. Playing CL in midweeks hasnt affected our season too badly this season! And throw in midweek league cup games. If there is any tournament you dont want to take part in its the league cup which has no reward anymore.

Not to mention if we got through a few games and had draws against Dortmund, Man City or Liverpool the cash injection would be big.

In the 80s and 90s the UEFA cup was massive, even the Cup Winners Cup was big, some people forget Rangers greatest night came in the latter tournament.....and just 2 and half years ago everyone was wetting themselves as we reached the UEFA final - first time in some Bears lifes we had been in a Euro final, yet now some want us knocked out.

Whats the point in playng football if your thinking ahead to the next season purely for financial reasons? Id personally rather be picking up trophies and going after another UEFA cup final. Doesnt anyone think we have a realistic chance of winning this? Wouldnt anyone be delighted to see us pick up a Euro trophy or get to another final?

Sorry but bring on the Man Citys, Liverpools, PSV, PSG, Sevilla....and even Zenit to get one back at them.

Im baffled as to why anyone would want us to get beat. Being in this comp doesnt mean we wont retain the SPL title at all. Playing CL in midweeks hasnt affected our season too badly this season! And throw in midweek league cup games. If there is any tournament you dont want to take part in its the league cup which has no reward anymore.

Not to mention if we got through a few games and had draws against Dortmund, Man City or Liverpool the cash injection would be big.

In the 80s and 90s the UEFA cup was massive, even the Cup Winners Cup was big, some people forget Rangers greatest night came in the latter tournament.....and just 2 and half years ago everyone was wetting themselves as we reached the UEFA final - first time in some Bears lifes we had been in a Euro final, yet now some want us knocked out.

Whats the point in playng football if your thinking ahead to the next season purely for financial reasons? Id personally rather be picking up trophies and going after another UEFA cup final. Doesnt anyone think we have a realistic chance of winning this? Wouldnt anyone be delighted to see us pick up a Euro trophy or get to another final?

Sorry but bring on the Man Citys, Liverpools, PSV, PSG, Sevilla....and even Zenit to get one back at them.

Totally agree Gribz I don't see the point of entering the competition if we are not going to try and do our best to win it.

Totally agree Gribz I don't see the point of entering the competition if we are not going to try and do our best to win it.

Yip. An example is Tottenham this season. The media keep harping on about them going after 4th in the league to get back in the CL next season. Seems the club want to win the pay cheque rather than the trophy. Ok they arent favourites but ask any Spurs fan if they would rather win the CL or finish 4th and I bet they would say CL. I bet Redknapp wants the CL more as well.

Seems the achievement of clubs these days is to participate in the group stages every season and then be happy with that. Money is ruining the game. Its not just SPL which has went backwards due to the SKY money its even Euro comp's like the UEFA cup - nobody seems interested anymore.

I hope Platini does go ahead and reduce the amount of clubs from the top leagues entering the CL, its creating gaps all over the place.

The UEFA Cup to Manchester run lost us the league in 2008. He had a larger squad and the players struggled to cope with the amount of games near the end of the season. As for this season, we're struggling with "mental fatigue" or so we keep hearing. If players can't cope with playing 2 games a week then go and get a normal job.

Gribz, we won't make another UEFA Cup Final anytime soon because we struggle to beat Hamilton, ICT, Hibs nevermind your Man Citehs, Liverpool etc.

The sooner we're out of europe the better for me.

I would put losing the league down to Celtic cheating and the SPL pandering to them while showing a complete lack of integrity as well as any wider thinking for the good of the Scottish game at home and in Europe.

The UEFA run was INNOCENT!!! Free the UEFA run...