Gers backed by Beattie

Beattie was asked a question, he gave his opinion don't see any problem with it TBH............

It has become fashoinable, more so on FF than here, to attack players for merely fulfilling media commitments (e.g. attending a press conference or completing a club interview) or responding to press enquiries. I honestly think a large proportion of our fans think guys like McCulloch go seeking journalists to print and air their views because the players like the sound of their own voice. If people don't like these players speaking they are attacking the wrong people, I doubt the players put themselves forward for these things but that the club put forward senior players who they think represent the club well.

However, there is a bit of a culture of parroting the same tired points and knowing you will get a lot of support for your post because it suits many fans agendas e.g. a dislike of McCulloch (this again aimed more elsewhere than posters here). A lot of internet bears don't stop and think, is what I am posting likely and reasonable, they just type these threads because they'll get a lot of support for the view. In some ways akin to the tarrier idea of repeat a lie often enough....

There probably isn't anything wrong with it I just don't like reading what i think is inappropriate junk. If we ever get to the PL it will not be with this team.

He just said he thinks we could compete in the league and I agree with him, they are obviously short of decent stories and asked this silly one but I don't see what the problem is as he's just giving his opinion. I think we would survive with this team and with some of the silly money the teams get down there I would like to think after a few years we would be doing OK and competing but that's only my opinion liek Beattie gave his. If you don't like the story why not ignore it!

Sometimes on this website there are more guests on-line than members. We hope that some of these guests will one day become a member as we all probably have all followed that route. I know if my first impression was a forum full of swear words i would have been off in a shot.

Not excusing anyone or any thing here, but you can't view thread content on Gersnet unless you're a member of the forum.

What always cracks me up about fan getting their knickers in a twist over players talking to the press is that they mostly the players are just fulfilling the media commitments of their job. Neither McCulloch nor Beattie go chasing journalists around demanding they print their views. They are merely responding to questioning by Scottish media or club sources for official publications.

Totti, you were told the other day to cut out the personal abuse and profanity. You can make your point perfectly well without stooping to that. Giving you the benefiit of the doubt..... one last time.

'One last time' eh? You're not Lord of the Internet. You might be a mod on here but I've done fuck all, oh sorry, FUDGE ALL to deserve a banning. I haven't even been sent an official warning so get off your high horse.

Just because you don't agree with my objective view on all things Rangers doesn't mean I have to follow you in being an apologist with my head in the sand and arse, sorry, BOTTOM in the air.

'One last time' eh? You're not Lord of the Internet. You might be a mod on here but I've done fuck all, oh sorry, FUDGE ALL to deserve a banning. I haven't even been sent an official warning so get off your high horse.

Just because you don't agree with my objective view on all things Rangers doesn't mean I have to follow you in being an apologist with my head in the sand and arse, sorry, BOTTOM in the air.

It's Xmas Totti and nobody is getting threatened with a ban here. Time to calm down, chill out, enjoy some nice food and drink with family and friends and hope our game on Sunday isn't called off.

Merry Xmas to you all folks.

I didn't threaten you with a ban. I did however say it was the last time such behaviour would be completely overlooked. I am not lord of the internet. But as a mod it is upto me to keep an eye on the content of the forum and I felt such an outburst, once again, was not beneficial to the forum. Feel free to express your views in a more challenging and intelligent manner.

You clearly have not read the rest of the thread if you did not grasp that profanities were not the issue, it was the vitriolic insults that you seem all too prone to.

I do not understand these meaningless terms like "apologist". A word bandied about to try and denigrate another poster's views whilst trying to mask the fact that your are not making any kind of valid point.

I'm not sure what I have my head in the sand about regarding McCulloch and Beattie being dickheads. I think you will realise you have no kind of valid point there.

If you wish to continue this take it to pm.

Edited by Super_Ally

How do you suggest a sensible debate with Totti over whether or not McCulloch and Beattie are "dickheads" should go?

I can only assume you were not aware of the un-edited version of the post.

If you are not I'm not really fussed whether or not you think debating whether or not Rangers players are dickheads is debate worthy.

For what it's worth, my own opinion is that saying a player is fucking shit or useless is fine. Saying they are a dickhead or whatever is not. It's not useful. It doesn't generate debate (which is what we're here for after all). It's just a childish outburst that is not needed on the forum.

Stop it, please, stop it! My ribs are hurting now.

You bite far to easily!!!