Saying Whittaker is "very inconsistent" is an understatement. He's been atrocious this season! I was hoping he'd kick on from last season but he's going backwards at an alarming rate. I'm not making him a scapegoat for yesterdays shambles as it was others mistakes that cost us but Whittaker needs to buck up his ideas. A wee spell on the bench might do the trick.

If Lionel feckin Messi was playing every bloody position other than goalie he'd soon get pish too.

Whittaker is a right back or right midfielder. I'd like to see him IT's a shame, he could have made a great player.

Edited by Totti

You have to go back to Ronald De Boer and Mikel Arteta to see the last real creative talents, which is a long time ago.

Obviously we can no longer afford players of that quality but for gods sake we can still get half decent players capable of creating in the spl and putting on a little bit of a 'show'.

rather than just say we can still get half decent players etc, can you name any, how much they would cost us in transfer fees and wages (seeing as we're skint), why would they come to us, how they would be suited to the SPL and how they would improve us..............

It's not my job to do that, it should be our manager and scouts.

Something is certainly not right when Kilmarnock can attract a decent midfielder like Eremenko albeit on a loan deal.

I could list a lot of decent midfielders that wouldn't cost a fortune but what exactly is the point? The fact is ANY professional football club on the planet should be able to get a creative midfielder. Your typical sunday league teams will have guys in the middle of the park with a little bit of talent

We're not going to go out and sign an Iniesta, De Rossi, Pirlo, Xavi etc but are you telling me we can't sign anyone who play against a team like Hamilton and open up? Fuck me stick Gazza in his present state on the park against the garbage we come up against and he could still probably create chances...

Edited by Totti

It's not my job to do that, it should be our manager and scouts.

Something is certainly not right when Kilmarnock can attract a decent midfielder like Eremenko albeit on a loan deal.

I could list a lot of decent midfielders that wouldn't cost a fortune but what exactly is the point? The fact is ANY professional football club on the planet should be able to get a creative midfielder. Your typical sunday league teams will have guys in the middle of the park with a little bit of talent

We're not going to go out and sign an Iniesta, De Rossi, Pirlo, Xavi etc but are you telling me we can't sign anyone who play against a team like Hamilton and open up? Fuck me stick Gazza in his present state on the park against the garbage we come up against and he could still probably create chances...

i never said it was your job but you just keep saying we can get better but don't even mention one name. i'm sure we would try and sign better players if we could but i doubt you believe that either......unless we get lucky we can't afford better for next to nothing or even better nothing.......

we have scored 39 goals in the league so we must be creating chances right, we have had 146 shots on target more than any other SPL club, weiss, davis and laffterty have 5 assists each, with naismith 4.......

The problem doesn't seem to be identifying a suitable creative midfielder for example, surely the problem must be actually realising we need one in the first place as it seems to have been an issue for years and years now that we're simply not creating enough good chances for our strikers.

All I think of when I see this thread is Steve Davis. A man who gets off very lightly when he doesn't perform because of what we know he is capable of.

An EPL player who is supposed to be more of a creative influence than a defensive midfielder.

Needs to get back to his A game.

All I think of when I see this thread is Steve Davis. A man who gets off very lightly when he doesn't perform because of what we know he is capable of.

An EPL player who is supposed to be more of a creative influence than a defensive midfielder.

Playing him on the right is a part of the problem. He should be more consistant if played purely as a central midfielder which is where he's best. Unfortunately, one week he's in the middle and the following week he's on the right and that's Walter & Ally's faults because they discuss the team selections and formations. Davis can't be blamed for not being played in a steady position.

But Davis could be following the orders of the manager. We just don't know why Davis plays so poorly. What we do know is that he has to practice his set pieces, especially the indirect ones.