It's being reported on SSN that regardless of West Hams result against Arsenal today, Grant will be sacked and replaced by Martin O'Neill.

A great appointment if true and someone who'll keep West Ham in the EPL.

That would be brilliant if true. Get rid of the dummy. I thought MON was tailor made for Liverpool and thought he was a banker to go there.

Alan Curbishley was on TV last week saying he spoke to MON in Dec and that he was ready to step back into a job in January....so if this is true it could have been on the go for a while.

Cant see MON getting on well with the owners as they interfere but woudl be good to see him get a crack at it. Stay up this season and top 8 next.

I thought it was a shoe that MON would be the next Liverpool manager. His fault I guess he will probably quit next season anyway.

MON either stays at a team for a season (Norwich) or 5 seasons (Villa, Celtic, Leicester).

I reckon West Ham would come under the 1 season bracket for him. He comes across as a greetin' faced chunt when he doesn't get what he wants.

Avram Grant stays on! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/9364949.stm

FFS West Ham. Make your mind up.

Grant has held a bit of dignity in this saga and made Sullivan and Gold look twats (not difficult) but I still dont think he is near manager material and even if MON has turned down the job id rather see WH go for Martin Jol or bring Curbishley back. I dont want Allardyce but at least he'd probably avoid relegation.

Avram Grant stays on! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/9364949.stm

FFS West Ham. Make your mind up.

Grant has held a bit of dignity in this saga and made Sullivan and Gold look twats (not difficult) but I still dont think he is near manager material and even if MON has turned down the job id rather see WH go for Martin Jol or bring Curbishley back. I dont want Allardyce but at least he'd probably avoid relegation.

I dont watch a lot of West Ham games but its difficult to play good football at that end of the table. He's what, 2 points from safety and if he avoids defeat against Brum, he'll be in a Cup Final. He also looks to have turned the corner.

Bad managers dont get to Champions League Finals, regardless of the squad he took over from.

I dont watch a lot of West Ham games but its difficult to play good football at that end of the table. He's what, 2 points from safety and if he avoids defeat against Brum, he'll be in a Cup Final. He also looks to have turned the corner.

Bad managers dont get to Champions League Finals, regardless of the squad he took over from.

He seems to do ok in cups but has a awful record in the league with Portsmouth and West Ham. But the organisation at the back has been the worst thing, its been non existant. The 8 pts picked up over Xmas was against poorer opposition who WH should be beating but to get a thumping from Newcastle like that was embarrassing.

2 pts from satefy but played more games than the others.

He seems to do ok in cups but has a awful record in the league with Portsmouth and West Ham. But the organisation at the back has been the worst thing, its been non existant. The 8 pts picked up over Xmas was against poorer opposition who WH should be beating but to get a thumping from Newcastle like that was embarrassing.

2 pts from satefy but played more games than the others.

Also add in the fact that the owners have been sticking their noses in left right and centre cant help the team on the park. That Karen Brady does my head in. Why does she have a column in the Sun down here?? I cant think of anyone who would want to read that. Its whats wrong with football as a whole these days, everyone has an ego. From the agents to the chairmen, even referees nowadays. I bet some of the older guys on this forum will tell you that 20 years ago, you didnt know the names of many referee's, journos, agents or chairmen. Getting rid of managers isnt always the answer. Had it not been for this interfering, he might not be in the relegation zone. He should've been backed before now as well

Disagree with the last bit. Who has he managed of note other than Chelsea? What has he achieved?

Sometimes elite football teams don't really need all that much direction. And good managers don't tend to go from Chelsea to shite like Portsmouth and West Ham.

Martin O'Neil for the record is a top manager but tends to overspend and needs money. He's a good tactician but tends to play direct football, boring football and hasn't got to a top club yet. He has had a lot of success in management though and for a long period completely owned McLeish in game after game in old firm derbies.

PS - It's difficult to play good football at that end of the table because thats the reason they are there in the first place.

And of course from a personal point of view, it's difficult to see any good football played in the premiership, outwith Tottenham and Arsenal. It must be the only league in the world where most of the top teams make no attempt to win certain matches. Man Utd and City are the most boring teams on the planet in 'top 4' games

Edited by Totti

• 2 weeks later...

How many strikers do WH need, its defenders thats required.

Just signed the guy Ba on a 3 year deal and Robbie Keane is undergoing a medical today.

2 good signings but we still have Carlton Cole, Piquionne, Benni McCarthy (albeit been poor) and Obinnia (on loan). Grant doesnt have time to mess about and try out who will be his best pairing.