Alan McGregor - our new number 1?

" Rangers fans dont pick the team , I Do ... "

What a stinker from PLG .

Mr Mcgregor must stay in goals !

It's true though Dunn, he does! PLG won't succumb to fan pressure, no way in a million years.

and quite rightly too.

I agree with Gazza and Barry.

The other thing though Dunn is that you are picking out a snippet of what PLG said. His actual words were along the lines of "I love the fans and I respect the crowd but they don't pick the team, I do".

Now, can you tell me that the snippet that YOU included looks as if the comment was far harsher than what he said in full per my quote ?

PLG does pick the team and I woudl be very saddened if he DID succumb to fan pressure - because he would in essence be saying that he thinks the fans know more than him, and that would be a pretty sad daY I feel.

Also, I think he is trying to say to McGregor that he will pick who he feels is best, it is his way of trying to ensure that McGregor stays sharp, focussed and not too cocky about his place in the team.

I agree with Gazza and Barry.

The other thing though Dunn is that you are picking out a snippet of what PLG said. His actual words were along the lines of "I love the fans and I respect the crowd but they don't pick the team, I do".

Now, can you tell me that the snippet that YOU included looks as if the comment was far harsher than what he said in full per my quote ?

PLG does pick the team and I woudl be very saddened if he DID succumb to fan pressure - because he would in essence be saying that he thinks the fans know more than him, and that would be a pretty sad daY I feel.

Also, I think he is trying to say to McGregor that he will pick who he feels is best, it is his way of trying to ensure that McGregor stays sharp, focussed and not too cocky about his place in the team.

Would u be happy if le guen dropped mcgregor?

I wont be .

Would u be happy if le guen dropped mcgregor?

I wont be .

I didnt say I would be happy Dunn. And I also dont think PLG will drop McGregor - if players do the business (And McGregor is one of the few that have) then they will no doubt stay in the team. In my opinion PLG is a manager that plays the players that are in form.

But your snippet of what PLG said is misleading.

PLG Has came out and said Letizi will waltz back in to the squad , Which i think is bad news.

mcgregor is an outstanding keeper and could well take scotlands spot for keeper aswell..

Do you have a quote from PLG that says Letizi will waltz back into the team ?

McGregor will never, IMO, take the Scotland keeper's spot away from Craig Gordon.

Do you have a quote from PLG that says Letizi will waltz back into the team ?

I think PLG did say that at the start of last week or therabouts. But since then, he has been making comments saying that McGregor has made things difficult for him, which suggests he won't be dropped after all.

It's right that PLG doesnt let the fans pressure him into a decision however it would be terrible man management from PLG to drop Mcgregor when Letizi comes back. No player should be guranteed a place in the side and it sends out a bad message to the rest of the squad.

I've nothing against Letizi but Mcgregor is young and will only get better. He's our new number 1.