the performances of the youth players when called up to the squad this season have been a breath of fresh air. Ness, Wylde, Hutton in particular have all shown great promise and have never looked out of place in the first 11. Cole albeit one game and Fleck who performed very well last night against ICT are also in the frame. Thats half a team there. all have proved that they are good enough and ill wager will be contenders for regular places next season.

So i hope smith keeps on looking to these boys and the youth squad when he thinks he needs a new player. You only have to look at the money wasted on the likes of lafferty and beattie who have provided scant return for their wages to know that it is a real gamble when you dabble in the transfer market at the level we can afford.

These kids given our financial predicament are our future and we should be sticking by them, not buying middle of the road over the hill hasbeens that will give you nothing in return.

we have everything we need at Ibrox. Its just sitting there waiting to be tapped, and will save us a fortune in the long run. and there is nothing more satisfiying as a fan than watching someone make it through the ranks.

Save your money walter and play as many of theses kids as you can.

I'd certainly like to see us not rushing out to replace Miller when we've got skillful young lads just dying for an opportunity. Rory Loy has been on the subs bench a good few times this season and we've got another 2 or 3 young strikers training with the 1st team at Murray Park who could be given opportunities and experience in games where we're 2 or 3 goals up.

I'd certainly like to see us not rushing out to replace Miller when we've got skillful young lads just dying for an opportunity. Rory Loy has been on the subs bench a good few times this season and we've got another 2 or 3 young strikers training with the 1st team at Murray Park who could be given opportunities and experience in games where we're 2 or 3 goals up.

But just how often do we go 2 or 3 goals up ? It doesnt happen as frequently as it should.

I agree with the notion we shouldnt rush out and replace Miller - but these kids have potential, nothing more as yet. Whilst we wont know till they get game time how they will cope, we simply dont know if they could do a job at all.

So if we go down the route of utilising them we shouldnt be getting all pissed off if we dont win the league due to having to play youngsters who couldnt perform at the required level over an extended period.

Given our financial predicament trying to blood the youths in makes very good sense - but we then have to temper expectations. I still believe we would be good enough to win the league, but if we are bringing youths through whilst Celtic are splashing millions you would have to make them favourites.... if they had a decent manager that is.

All of this said, the youths couldnt do any worse than Beattie.

All of this said, the youths couldnt do any worse than Beattie.

Exactly and despite there not being THAT many games where we cruise into a good enough lead to start bringing on a youth striker we have cup games too. Why risk playing Jelavic in our cup games when we desperately need him to stay injury free for our SPL games?? I'd be sticking the likes of Rory Loy or Kane Hemmings out there with Lafferty or Beattie for the cup games. Hemmings is meant to be a cracking young striker who's got power, pace and a great eye for goal.

Rory Loy??

Are are having a laugh?

No, I wasn't having a laugh at all. If Loy's good enough to get on our bench half a dozen times so far this season, then he should be good enough to get an opportunity. We loaned him to Dunfermline for six months a couple of seasons ago and they extended the loan till the end of the season because they liked him. He's featured about 5 times or something for the Scotland U21s in the past 2 years, so he must be amongst the best young Scottish strikers in the country.

No, I wasn't having a laugh at all. If Loy's good enough to get on our bench half a dozen times so far this season, then he should be good enough to get an opportunity. We loaned him to Dunfermline for six months a couple of seasons ago and they extended the loan till the end of the season because they liked him. He's featured about 5 times or something for the Scotland U21s in the past 2 years, so he must be amongst the best young Scottish strikers in the country.

Not necessarily - we have had instances this season when we couldnt field a full subs bench. Getting on the bench doesnt mean that he is good enough to get an opportunity - it could just as easily mean he is simply making up the numbers.

Being among the best young Scottish strikers doesnt necessarily mean that much either.....

Not necessarily - we have had instances this season when we couldnt field a full subs bench. Getting on the bench doesnt mean that he is good enough to get an opportunity - it could just as easily mean he is simply making up the numbers.

Being among the best young Scottish strikers doesnt necessarily mean that much either.....

What is your opinion of Young Jordan McMillan mate.

Sorry mate he is not and never will be good enough.