Wylde has done well when called upon. More of a winger than Smith was, he certainly has pace, works hard and puts in a good cross ball.

Sure, he's definitely raw and his decision-making less than impressive but I'd like to see him a bit more given we do lack options on the left.

Wylde has done well when called upon. More of a winger than Smith was, he certainly has pace, works hard and puts in a good cross ball.

Sure, he's definitely raw and his decision-making less than impressive but I'd like to see him a bit more given we do lack options on the left.

Yup, I think Walter Smith has an amazing nack of getting the absolute most, defensively, out of players. You tend to think with the right coaching he could be a Hutton-esque type left back.

I also think one of the reasons we seem to criticise a lot of players for poor decision making is that we have bad movement. With good movement the decision makes itself a lot of the time. While some of our players do have bad decision making, obviously, I don't think it's helped by the way we play. As our movement off the ball increases so does our decision making, and I don't think it's a co-incidence.

Of course we could. Just because we didn't field a full bench doesn't mean we couldn't!

That's semantics and you know it.

Sure, we could have put my 6 yr old on the bench to fill it..... But if Walter is putting 6 instead of 7 on the bench then it suggests there are only 6 options from his two squads or no-one remaining that he wanted on the bench.

No, it isn't semantics at all Craig .... and I know it! ;)

The fact of the matter is that in SPL games this season we've only failed to have a full bench of 7 on one occasion which was the 2-0 Aberdeen game at Ibrox. If my memory serves me correctly the missing player was Jordan McMillan and it was due to him pulling out at the last minute on the day of the game, but certainly not because we didn't have enough players to fill the bench.

How much game time has Loy had for the 1st team ? That would be a bigger indicator than how many times he has been on the bench in my opinion

Since we brought him in from Kilmarnock a few years back as a youth he's been on our bench for SPL games 21 times and came off the bench to make SPL appearances twice. When he went to St.Mirren on loan last January till the end of the season he was in their squad for almost every game - on the bench 16 times and coming off the bench to make 8 appearances in those 16 games. Unfortunately for him they mostly only turned to him to come on and make an impact when they were losing and it was too late in the game, so he didn't really get a fair crack at the whip just like he hasn't for us either.