Jig on verge of three match ban

Apparently Lee McCulloch will get an automatic 3 match ban which will start a fortnight after his next yellow card. If he gets carded in either of our next two games he'll miss the game at Parkhead.

Not sure if it bothers me too much the more I think about it. Jig is a candidate to get himself sent off in an OF match anyway which is the last thing we need. Ness has looked great since coming into the side and Davis is better played centrally plus we have Edu back now as well. When Jig gets his 3 match ban, which he definitely will, we'll hopefully have Davis, Ness, Edu & Hutton all fit and available.

Ness will be forced to retain his position.

Why ? According to some on here *cough* WS will simply play a more experienced player out of position or an out of form experienced player in the middle. He could, of course, use Edu and Davis in the central pairings and use Naismith wide right.

Hopefully you are correct though, would be nice for Ness to retain his place.

Why ? According to some on here *cough* WS will simply play a more experienced player out of position or an out of form experienced player in the middle. He could, of course, use Edu and Davis in the central pairings and use Naismith wide right.

Hopefully you are correct though, would be nice for Ness to retain his place.

Yeah you're probably right, I was trying to be optimistic.

I am afraid i don't think we can take losing any player lightly and I am afraid I see Jig in a more positive light. Certainly with Ness fitting in it may ease the problems but then again a lot of the ball winning Jig does in the midfield gives Ness the chance to get on the ball. Admittedly I would hope that Ness, Edu or\and Hutton will form our midfield for years to come.

Jig doesn't actually do much ball wiining at all though pete. He makes sideways passes. Most of his "crunching tackles" end up in a free kick for the opposition and a booking for big Lee. Edu does put the foot in though (although he is a little hesitant on the ball) and Ness doesn't look shy of a tackle either. Lee's poor technique lets him down too often and his lack of vision means that lots of opportunities to get the ball forward in a meaningful way are lost. I think he does carry a level of influence on the park personality wise though and that is where his importance lies.