Dons set to dump Velicka

He also chose to sign Jelavic. Signing players is always a gamble. I''d've thought players like Velica and Webster, with their records, were a fairly safe gamble but apparently not.

how? Neither were proven at decent sides

He also chose to sign Jelavic. Signing players is always a gamble. I''d've thought players like Velica and Webster, with their records, were a fairly safe gamble but apparently not.

He chose to sign an international striker with a good scoring record in Scotland. Seemed a decent enough move at the time, but it hasn't worked out. Such is life.

You're right guys. Common sense prevails! :)

how? Neither were proven at decent sides

Incase you've not been following our recent history, it's not like we can cherry pick from already established players at top sides. They're both good internations with decent records in the kind of league we play in. That's what we're aiming at in general. Silly to aim any criticism at Walter for signing them retrospectively.

Surely we had enough strikers in the first place? We had 6 strikers in the first place we didn't really need to continue to add and end up not playing them. It was a waste and I have stuck by it since he signed and Beattie is also proving me correct as well.

So who accounts for the transfer fee paid and the wages over the period after the target player, just for instance Commens and sun tan man not wanting to pay for him.

Is their say a budget set by both WS and Bain they will not go over ?

The only benefit of dount Velicka gets is his goalscorer record was pre-injury and he hasnt looked like a player since.

People conveniently missed that very same point after Boyd's hernia operation last season, but those same people never gave him the time of day anyway, even when he was banging in goals and helping us win silverware.