Dons set to dump Velicka

You can't make a judgement on a player over such a small number of games anyway. If it was 40 goals in 80 appearances it would be quite impressive, but 4 in 8 isn't really worth talking about.

Regardless of games played though... to suggest he scored "plenty of goals" for us was flat out inaccurate. A good ratio but definitely not plenty of goals.

Must you be so pedantic. It's plain as the nose on my face that he didn't score 20 goals+, but for the amount he played he did score a fair contribution and vital ones at that. Ya nitpicker.

Must you be so pedantic. It's plain as the nose on my face that he didn't score 20 goals+, but for the amount he played he did score a fair contribution and vital ones at that. Ya nitpicker.

Correct, I was nit picking - but I also happen to think that in this case it was a gaping suggestion you made.

As I said though, no doubt he scored some vital goals and I definitely agree we have seen worse strikers than him at Ibrox. For me, though, he was a poor man's Kris Boyd.

As I said though, no doubt he scored some vital goals and I definitely agree we have seen worse strikers than him at Ibrox. For me, though, he was a poor man's Kris Boyd.

But you can't make statement when Velicka only played 8 games for us. If he had played say 80 games then I'd say you could compare Velicka and Boyd. :boogie:

But you can't make statement when Velicka only played 8 games for us. If he had played say 80 games then I'd say you could compare Velicka and Boyd. :boogie:

Fair point - but you arent going to try and tell me that you would have been confident that Velicka would have the scoring record of Boyd had he played as many games ? OK, how many did Boyd score in his first 8 games for us... more or less than Velicka :thup:

When we signed him I asked a Jambo friend about him and his exact words were "similar to Boyd but lazier and not as good a finisher".

The 80 games comment was obviously an exaggeration. :D

Correct, I was nit picking - but I also happen to think that in this case it was a gaping suggestion you made.

I preferred him to Boyd. He was technically better.