Would you let the current board run your business?

Posted this on another forum and it's creating a tidy debate. Thought I'd post it here to see what you guys think:

Going by our free-fall into the financial abyss and lack of ability to be proactive with players contracts, would you? Also, when cash is tight and the squad requires players that can do their bit throughout a season, why would you sign an over hyped player, Beattie, with injury problems....injury problems that have been a focal point of his career.

Now we're being linked with Healy and Riordan! And most us would agree that both aren't any better than what we have just now. So that would make 3 players earning but contributing very little.

We've sold our top goal scorer because we don't want to lose him for nothing, yet we're prepared to spend the little cash we have on duds. I said it at the time, that the club has valued our title and CL qualification on the cost of Millers transfer. I fear I just might be proved correct!

Can someone explain the logic in what we're doing?

Perception is usually very different from the reality. We, as customers, have a perception of the Board based on what information we have available. If I knew the actual workings and governance of the club then I could make a judgement. But without it, who knows?

The only logic is that the club want/are being forced into saving more money because they fear for their financial future without CL football.

The problem is that Celtic appear more financially capable which is a worry.

The only logic is that the club want/are being forced into saving more money because they fear for their financial future without CL football.

The problem is that Celtic appear more financially capable which is a worry.

That's exactly it Frankie. Buying Beattie, who has always had injury problems, and selling our top scorer on the cheap, then replacing him with Healy. The risk might pay off but it doesn't really make sense, does it?

The lack of other targets frustrates me. We only seem to be looking at British based players and this market is very overinflated at the moment. This isn't a board issue as such but I agree with you about Beattie and his injury problems I said that when he was linked and eventually signed, and his age he is 32. It will take longer for him to recover than say a 25 year old. We only seem to be after journeymen nowadays and they are in their 30's and we are very short sighted with our signings. We aren't looking at players in their mid 20's anymore it frustrates me and worries me.