Was watching the Charlton Arsenal game in the pub earlier and I have to say, what a fookin goal by van Persie. Two feet off the ground and volleyed right into the top bag from 20 yards! He's being groomed as the new Henry, no doubt about it.

Watch out for it on MOTD. :thup:

everyones going on about this goal.

i didn`t think it was that special. but maybe thats cause i fucking hate arsenal.

it would have been more impressive if it had have been against chelsea, man utd or liverpool as i could finish like that against charlton.

for me drogbas goal against liverpool is still the goal of the season because he controlled it, beat his man and then vollied with the same precision!

everyones going on about this goal.

i didn`t think it was that special. but maybe thats cause i fucking hate arsenal.

it would have been more impressive if it had have been against chelsea, man utd or liverpool as i could finish like that against charlton.

for me drogbas goal against liverpool is still the goal of the season because he controlled it, beat his man and then vollied with the same precision!

Can't agree Colshy !

You are saying that a player can finish in a different manner dependent on the opposition, that makes no sense at all (unless you mean that Chelsea are stronger defensively which would of course hold true) - but your statement is saying that RvP's technique would be different against 2 different teams which doesn't make sense to me.

All about opinions but RvP's goal is a better goal than Drogba's IMO. The fact he had to have both feet airborne, had no time to do anything other than strike it, and when he did it was an absolute screamer.

Drogba's goal was a beauty too right enough