A question about any takeover ....Bluedell

Given that we are yet again in the midst of potential take over talk , one question has always puzzled me , and it's this .

Our debt is supposed to be about the �£27 million mark at the last report , and the price for a takeover is �£33 million , now bear with me , what happens to the profit that we will make this year from the C/l , transfer fee's , reduced playing squad , Europa league matches / Tv , and the Scottich cup money .

In other words if as is being reported we are taken over by who ever for the reported amounts , does the club then have X amount in the bank for next year .

No, any income from CL, Europe, reduced wages etc etc etc - will simply be built into the purchase price. If it isnt then one side hasnt doen their homework.

The club will have, in the bank, whatever the new owners decide to deposit after having cleared the debt.

Given that we are yet again in the midst of potential take over talk , one question has always puzzled me , and it's this .

Our debt is supposed to be about the �£27 million mark at the last report , and the price for a takeover is �£33 million , now bear with me , what happens to the profit that we will make this year from the C/l , transfer fee's , reduced playing squad , Europa league matches / Tv , and the Scottich cup money .

In other words if as is being reported we are taken over by who ever for the reported amounts , does the club then have X amount in the bank for next year .

A balance sheet at the date of purchase will be produced so that the buyer knows what assets and liabilities will be taken on. Presumably some of the debtors will be CL income.

As for the debt position, it's possible that some of the debt may be kept by the seller but it all depends on the agreement. It could be that the debt at the time of the takeover is just taken on by the new owners and will still need to be repaid.

Interesting thread & I've got a question too -

Since when was a football club with a stadium like ours & a first class training complex only worth 6 million pounds??

As well as the assets that are beng purchased, liabilities will also be taken on. The risk of making losses in future years may also be factored in.

A balance sheet at the date of purchase will be produced so that the buyer knows what assets and liabilities will be taken on. Presumably some of the debtors will be CL income.

As for the debt position, it's possible that some of the debt may be kept by the seller but it all depends on the agreement. It could be that the debt at the time of the takeover is just taken on by the new owners and will still need to be repaid.

For the love of god nooooooooooo

I think that's a likely scenario and hopefully the debt is moved promptly away from Lloyds. Isn't this what happened at Hearts, Man Utd, Liverpool (with Hicks and Gilette)? It seems fairly commonplace in football.

I think that's a likely scenario and hopefully the debt is moved promptly away from Lloyds. Isn't this what happened at Hearts, Man Utd, Liverpool (with Hicks and Gilette)? It seems fairly commonplace in football.

Well if that turns out to be the case , they haven,t paid �£33 million then , it would be pointless IMHO

It was said in November that, should Whyte's proposed offer be accepted, a payment of about �£27m would be made to Lloyds Bank to clear the club's debt.

Somehow I think the share maneuverings of Friday only strengthen SDM in the overall situation. I have read that one of Whyte's other interests is heavily in debt to Lloyds, really can't give his involvement any credence at all.