David Healy: Goal was lifetime ambition

David Healy fulfilled a lifetime ambition as he marked his Rangers debut with a goal last Saturday.

Now the boyhood Gers fan has set his sights on achieving more landmarks.

The Northern Irishman made his first appearance since moving to Ibrox on a short-term deal until the end of the season and quickly got off the mark with a well taken strike to complete a 6-0 rout of Motherwell.

And the striker admits it was a moment he will never forget.

He said: ââ?¬Å?To score at Ibrox at the Copland Road end is something that will live with me whether I score 50 goals or five goals for this club.

ââ?¬Å?Whatever I do I can look back in 50 yearsââ?¬â?¢ time and say I scored at Ibrox.

ââ?¬Å?Now I would love to score a winner for Rangers, not just at Ibrox but anywhere in a big game, maybe when weââ?¬â?¢re tied 1-1 to get a goal that would win a game ââ?¬â?? that would be sheer delight.

ââ?¬Å?To score is one thing, but the game against Motherwell was already won and there will be bigger and harder games to come and Iââ?¬â?¢m looking forward to those.ââ?¬Â

Next on the horizon for the champions is a Europa League clash with Sporting Lisbon.

And Healy insists the Gers will be going all out for victory, despite their congested fixture list.

ââ?¬Å?Certainly for me I want to play for Rangers in Europe and hopefully that opportunity will come up,ââ?¬Â he told the Rangers News.

ââ?¬Å?We have a lot of games, but you donââ?¬â?¢t go into any competition looking to fail.

ââ?¬Å?People might say itââ?¬â?¢s a distraction, but if youââ?¬â?¢re winning games that mentality sticks with you.ââ?¬Â

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/david-healy-goal-was-lifetime-ambition-1.1085563