Davie Weir

It's not really Davie's fault, but his legs are gone. It's not just his limitations, but the fact the whole team and their tactics revolve around sitting so damn deep to protect him. Sadly he's become a liability that will end up costing us three trophies if this continues.

It's not really Davie's fault, but his legs are gone. It's not just his limitations, but the fact the whole team and their tactics revolve around sitting so damn deep to protect him. Sadly he's become a liability that will end up costing us three trophies if this continues.

Yes it is he decided to play on when he is finished.

I'm surprised it's taken so long for most of us to agree on this one. I said months and months ago that Davie shouldn't be playing every game this season and was extremely disappointed when we started the season knowing fine well that he would play almost every game.

We shouldn't have panicked when it looked like we might not get Jelavic because the money and wage that was used to bring in Beattie could have been used to sign a good defender to play with Bougherra.

Weir still has good games where he's hardly been troubled, but he's had too many bad games this season where he's been at fault for us conceding goals and not pushing as high a line as we should be. It's not all Davie's fault, but I do blame him for squeezing another season out of his career. Walter will have spoken to him and asked him if he wanted to play on & Weir has obviously said yes, that he wanted to play on when he should have said no, I'm done Walter, it's time for me to retire from playing.

Weir isn't the first player and nor will he be the last who finds it hard to recocgnise when to call it a day. That's when managers have to step up and make hard decisions about players who have served them well. As mentioned in another thread, this was one of Walters mistakes first time round, sadly he's doing it again.

The worst thing is WS will continue to play him for the rest of the season expecting him to get better. The guy is finished and suffering burn out due to so many games.

He rationalises it with the 'if he stops he'll sieze up' excuse.

No but he must know he is finished. Same as the manager, time to go.

I'll agree with that. There's no doubting that WS and DW are communicating all the time regarding DWs fitness. WS can only take DWs word for it and if he says he's fit and ready to go then WS will pick him as he trusts him.

I don't think the blame lies totally with WS however his inability to drop his favourites is fast becoming his downfall.