Next Season's manager

Who do you want as manager next year  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager next year

• McCoist with a member of current staff as assistant
    • McCoist with an outside assistant
    • New manager, McCoist as assistant
    • New manager, new assistant

Personally I am dreading McCoist I just do not see him as manager material. I hope he proves me wrong when he takes over but I am afraid I see him more of a clown than a serious Rangers manager.

Personally I am dreading McCoist I just do not see him as manager material. I hope he proves me wrong when he takes over but I am afraid I see him more of a clown than a serious Rangers manager.

You dont spend the day to day with him. I am sure I have seen many an ex team mate say that there has been a marked chaneg in him from his playing days, and playing the clown, to the current McCoist who is seemingly very serious about management.

McInnes is a good up and coming manager. Just look at Owen Coyle - St Johnstone gave him his break in management and he hasn't looked back since.

You need to start somewhere.

That is the trouble with me with mcCoist in that he hasn't started anywhere. I would have proffered he managed a smaller club first.

That is the trouble with me with mcCoist in that he hasn't started anywhere. I would have proffered he managed a smaller club first.

Souness and Smith both started their managerial careers at Ibrox. And McLeish served his apprenticeship at Hibs and Motherwell and folk looked down on that at the time. For some people, their is no right way to do it.

What has he achieved in a management role?

What had Souness and Smith achieved in a management role prior to their appointments? Klinsmann took over the German national team for his first job and got them to third place. Inexperience doesn't mean he'll do a bad job.

What had Souness and Smith achieved in a management role prior to their appointments? Klinsmann took over the German national team for his first job and got them to third place. Inexperience doesn't mean he'll do a bad job.

Whether Souness was a great manager is open to debate. he was able to buy players at that time that no one thought possible because he was given the cash and English teams were banned from Europe. He got the jump on Celtic and Scottish football taking everyone by surprise.. He certainly never done much after he left being a disaster at most clubs he managed.. Walter Smith had years working under Jim McLean and Fergie not a bad learning curve. Klinsmann never really managed long enough anywhere to be named successful.

Whether Souness was a great manager is open to debate. he was able to buy players at that time that no one thought possible because he was given the cash and English teams were banned from Europe. He got the jump on Celtic and Scottish football taking everyone by surprise.. He certainly never done much after he left being a disaster at most clubs he managed.. Walter Smith had years working under Jim McLean and Fergie not a bad learning curve. Klinsmann never really managed long enough anywhere to be named successful.

By the same token, McCoist has had a few years working under Walter Smith - that in itself isnt a bad learning curve.

The reality is that NOT ONE OF US knows how McCoist will turn out - some of us will give him the benefit of the doubt whilst others will condemn him to the failure bin before he even steps into the manager's office.

I have my doubts about him but he gets the benefit of the doubt with me. One thing that cant be denied is that he is brave taking on this role whilst we are in the shit we currently are. Either that or he is blinded by his love of the club !