Kyle Can Have Last Laff

I'm one of those fans who can see that for every dreadful first touch and blast over the bar, Lafferty does something impressive as well.

Unfortunately, he just doesn't do it consistently enough which is why the manager and the fans don't trust him to deliver.

Yes, there are excuses for his average contribution but all in all he's been a criminal waste of over �£4million (by the time you add wages).

Kyle might be a bit hot and cold, but name a striker who isn't. When he's in the mood and on form he is extremely good - hell, I recall the pelters he got last season died down up till about January this year because he was showing signs of form. It's only in the last month the criticism has returned.

Lafferty certainly doesn't blow hot and cold. The nearest he gets to hot is cold.

As you say all strikers go through spells when they can't buy a goal but for Lafferty that spell is every game of evey week or every month. He is waste of money who seems to think he's some sort of footballer. He'll score once in a blue moon which isnt good enough for a �£4m attacking player.

We'll be lucky to get a quarter of what we paid for him.

I'm one of those fans who can see that for every dreadful first touch and blast over the bar, Lafferty does something impressive as well.

Unfortunately, he just doesn't do it consistently enough which is why the manager and the fans don't trust him to deliver.

Yes, there are excuses for his average contribution but all in all he's been a criminal waste of over �£4million (by the time you add wages).

tbh he's Peter Lovenkrands all over again. Was totally wasted on the left wing, and started to get a run up front alongside Buffel where he became the country's top scorer. In his wisdom, Eck put him back on the left and his form rapidly went south.

Lafferty's the same - he's never been any good on the left, and that's mostly where he's played.

I hope you're not blaming Kyle for his pricetag?

Of course not but people's expectations - including the manager's - will be higher than when we signed Lovenkrands.

Remember we also chased Lafferty for months (or longer) and competed with Celtic for his signature. That probably drove the price up but no matter who is responsible I see little in the lad to justify it.

I sympathise a little with Lafferty as he clearly has some talent but no matter if he starts up front or on the wing, he doesn't show it anywhere near enough. Add in his other foibles then he's someone we just can't trust to deliver.