S.L.Benfica (Por) v P.S.G. (Fra)

Dynamo Kyiv (Ukr) v Man City (Eng)

Twente Enschede (Ned) v Zenit St.Petersburg (Rus)

CSKA Moscow (Rus) v FC Porto (Por)

PSV Eindhoven (Ned) v Rangers (Sco)

Bayer Leverkusen (Ger) v Villarreal (Esp)

Ajax (Ned) v Spartak Moscow (Rus)

Liverpool (Eng) v Sp Braga (Por)

Some good games there meaning a few of the better sides will go out. The Competition may come alive now that the first 18 rounds are out the way.

IMO its a last 8 of:

Benfica

Man City

Zenit

Porto

Rangers

Bayer L

Ajax

Liverpool

Some good games there meaning a few of the better sides will go out. The Competition may come alive now that the first 18 rounds are out the way.

IMO its a last 8 of:

Benfica

Man City

Zenit

Porto

Rangers

Bayer L

Ajax

Liverpool

Tell you what Gribz - I wouldn't put money on any of those fixtures! No chance! Every one of them could easily go either way.

Tell you what Gribz - I wouldn't put money on any of those fixtures! No chance! Every one of them could easily go either way.

I wouldnt put money on it either with how bad i am at backing teams. But yeah its all close ones and PSV isnt the worst draw at all, id rather be going there than Ukraine or Russia.

I wouldnt put money on it either with how bad i am at backing teams. But yeah its all close ones and PSV isnt the worst draw at all, id rather be going there than Ukraine or Russia.

Aye, not too bad a draw for this round at all, but if we get past PSV it'll be a tougher tie.... unless PSG & Braga get through and we draw one of them..

Compare this to the last 16 of 2007-08;

Anderlecht Bel Bayern M�¼nchen Ger 0-5 2-1

Glasgow Rangers Sco Werder Bremen Ger 2-0 0-1

Bolton Wanderers Eng Sporting CP Lisbon Por 1-1 0-1

Bayer Leverkusen Ger Hamburger SV Ger 1-0 2-3

Benfica Por Getafe Esp 1-2 0-1

Fiorentina Ita Everton Eng 2-0 0-2

Penalty shootout: Everton - Fiorentina 2 - 4

Tottenham Hotspur Eng PSV Eindhoven Ned 0-1 1-0

Penalty shootout: PSV Eindhoven - Tottenham Hotspur 6 - 5

Olympique Marseille Fra Zenit St. Petersburg Rus 3-1 0-2

It looks to me like a similar quality at this stage most seasons, and generally somes down to the teams to prioritise this tournament over their domestic progress, perhaps due to having a poor domestic season, or conversely teams chasing CL spots for 2011-12 might not put too much effort into going all the way in this diddy cup.

As far as the draw goes, PSV looks not much harder than Lisbon, and given both them and Twente are tight at the top of the league, there eyes might be on a bigger prize than this consolation cup.

They'll be a tough nut to crack but PSV aren't to be overly feared IMO and we should really be going all out to beat them. I'm guessing they're a shade above Sporting - perhaps Pete can comment? From the Quarter Final stage in any major competition, anything can happen.

As wary as I am of the fixture pile-up and undermining our SPL chances, there really is nothing to beat the excitement of an extended European run.

PSV are miles better than Sporting. Sporting are horrendous.

PSV are top of their league with only 3 defeats this season. They won comfortably against Lille last night who are top of the French league.

PSV also beat Sampdoria away from home.