Bomber Brown and Neil Murray back at Ibrox

Don't quote me on this because I don't want to spread misinformation, but I read somewhere that Bomber wasn't asked to go and watch Cuellar playing in Spain until after we had played Osasuna. If that were true it would mean that he didn't 'spot' or 'find' the player for us, but was just given the job of going to watch him play after we had played against him. Not that it makes much difference now, but nobody should be credited for something they didn't actually do. Again though, don't quote me on this as I don't know what's true or not in this case.

Don't quote me on this because I don't want to spread misinformation, but I read somewhere that Bomber wasn't asked to go and watch Cuellar playing in Spain until after we had played Osasuna. If that were true it would mean that he didn't 'spot' or 'find' the player for us, but was just given the job of going to watch him play after we had played against him. Not that it makes much difference now, but nobody should be credited for something they didn't actually do. Again though, don't quote me on this as I don't know what's true or not in this case.

to be honest, this sounds like a very realistic scenario and I'm sure this is what would have happened. We've been guilty of this over the years - seeing a player perform well against us and then making a move for them. Which is all fair and well at times, but proves the point that we don't really 'scout' for players, but simply see them in games against us or we have current players who know players and they probably tell the manager that they'd be a decent signing etc. Lazy 'scouting' IMO.

Sounds about right, I remember him scoring against Leverkusen in the UEFA Cup wonder if that sealed the deal...

I'm with Juffrey on this one, much as I'm sure I could find some negative thoughts, at least he's putting people in place early so obviously knows what he's looking to do and where he thinks he can improve things.

I'm with Juffrey on this one, much as I'm sure I could find some negative thoughts, at least he's putting people in place early so obviously knows what he's looking to do and where he thinks he can improve things.

Definitely agree. It's actually the perfect time to bring in a couple of scouts because over the next month or two almost all of the leagues in Europe are in action including the ones which have just started their season. As others have said, there's going to be a fair amount of players leaving and some serious rebuilding of the squad getting done, so it's 'all hands on deck' time and if that includes bringing in a few old faces as well as new ones, then so be it. As long as our budget can support the new appointments, then there's no good reason to be negative or judgemental yet.