Bomber Brown and Neil Murray back at Ibrox

on official site now.

Murray is Head Scout. Bomber will help in search for players.

I take it we've just bought the latest 'Championship Manager' for the PC ??!!

Edited by MoodyBlue

So Neil Murray has been appointed head scout because he has a bit of experience of "sports management"? :sad:

Should we not be looking for a head scout with experience of scouting? :confused:

John Brown? :sad: Old pals act in force.

At least it is more than one person searching for players. It is uninspiring and and old pals act but I hope they do their job correctly as we have been severely lacking in the scouting department for a while.

At least it is more than one person searching for players. It is uninspiring and and old pals act but I hope they do their job correctly as we have been severely lacking in the scouting department for a while.

I think that's a positive way of looking at it but we're already restricted to agents hawking their wares so he may just encourage more of the same.

Signing players is a risky business no matter how much hard work you do. You do need a bit of luck as well as good judgement so we can only hope we have both ahead of a summer which will probably see big changes in our playing squad; irrespective if we win the title or not. Given it is our continuity that has helped us win the last two leagues (and cheating refs obviously), losing that stability is a big blow for next season.

If, as seems probable, the likes of McGregor, Davis and/or Bougherra are moved on, we'll have to ensure their replacements are not only cheaper but just as effective if we're to remain truly competitive. Winning the title/qualifying for the CL will obviously help but even then we won't be guaranteed enough money to replace those who leave. For example; Bartley, Foster, Weiss, Healy and Diouf will all leave irrespective of any other potential sales.

The appointment of these guys will be key to McCoist getting off to a good start.