Bomber Brown and Neil Murray back at Ibrox

Murray is an intelligent lad. Did and Accountancy degree years back I remember.

I bumped into him in The Garage in Glasgow about 15 years ago and had a good chat with him. Comes across well and is quite methodical analytical in his football discussions.

Ally must see something in him. We certainly need to freshen things up and have a new mentality of looking for players.

Bomber Brown spotted Cuellar, but to be honest, if I was given money to fly around Europe attending games,with the brief of getting in a player who will shine in the SPHell, I'd spot a decent player now and again !!

Time will tell on these two appointments.

It's heartbreakingly funny how we freshen things up by bringing in old faces. It's even more incredible that we equate intelligence with accountancy.:D Maybe Gersnet and Rangers both need to raise the bar of expectation?

I absolutely hated Neil Murray as a player. I thought he was absolutely talentless and a waste of a shirt. Couldnt pass, head, tackle, shoot, run, or read the game well. How he got so many games in a good Rangers squad at that time was, and remains, well beyond my comprehension.

Taking that aside, getting Murray and Bomber in stinks of the old pals act from Ally. I seriously hope this is not going to be the way of things under his reign, as I cant appointments like this being too successful.

I absolutely hated Neil Murray as a player. I thought he was absolutely talentless and a waste of a shirt. Couldnt pass, head, tackle, shoot, run, or read the game well. How he got so many games in a good Rangers squad at that time was, and remains, well beyond my comprehension.

Taking that aside, getting Murray and Bomber in stinks of the old pals act from Ally. I seriously hope this is not going to be the way of things under his reign, as I cant appointments like this being too successful.

Yup, that's the Neil Murray I remember. However, he at least has the advantage of not having made an arse of himself yet (to the best of my knowledge anyway). Bomber on the other hand has hardly covered himself in glory during his post-playing career. Croneyism seems alive and well at Ibrox. Watch Durrant being appointed assistant manager.

Yup, that's the Neil Murray I remember. However, he at least has the advantage of not having made an arse of himself yet (to the best of my knowledge anyway). Bomber on the other hand has hardly covered himself in glory during his post-playing career. Croneyism seems alive and well at Ibrox. Watch Durrant being appointed assistant manager.

not being funny, but what has Durrant been paid to do for the past few years ?? other than just sit there with Smith in the stand during games, for me he contributes nothing of any real worth.

Please Ally - don't be a Walter clone !!

I'm not going to criticise this until there is actually something to criticise. For seasons we've complained of a lack of scouting at the club, it's now been addressed and without any reason other than it's jobs for the boys the move is getting panned. A little bit of optimism wouldn't kill us now and then.