There is no definitive commodity called offence. I'm merely stating that many of those who shout loudest about their offence actually take no genuine offence at all and simply want to get one over on Rangers fans. If you find it genuinely offensive then that's your right but please don't use that to cover up the contrived nature of most of this affair. Celtic fans take equal 'offence' (ie they don't like it) at Derry's Walls, they just haven't found the leverage to contest it yet - but they will. I don't believe I've shouted ftp at anyone, ever, but I find the disingenuous nature of this false victimhood to be whole lot more offensive.

No one could accuse you of sitting on the "fence" nor can anyone ask you to get of(the)fence.

" I'm merely stating that many of those who shout loudest about their offence actually take no genuine offence at all and simply want to get one over on Rangers fans." That may or may not be so but the fact remains, no sectarian songs, no offence - genuine or otherwise.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
typo

No one could accuse you of sitting on the "fence" nor can anyone ask you to get of(the)fence.

" I'm merely stating that many of those who shout loudest about their offence actually take no genuine offence at all and simply want to get one over on Rangers fans." That may or may not be so but the fact remains, no sectarian songs, no offence - genuine or otherwise.

So, after all due consideration, your position is that if these songs are never sung again, the victimhood industry will grind to a halt and the Catholic/Irish/Celtic community will relinquish all offence? Good luck with that.

All this talk of being offended,MOPERY,is plastic,they are only using the word offended as a tool to put a stop to Rangers songs. When we got our first fine from UEFA the Rangers fans did stop singing the '' offensive songs '' for a while,and also seeing that the BHEASTS were getting carte blanche on what they could do/sing,especially at Ibrox,it's perfectly understandable why these songs have made a come back. But for sure the '' offensive songs '' will indeed have to stop which IMO is wrong,but fact. And as has already been said, what song will offend the BHEASTS next?,when/where does it end ?,how do we get parity?. If RFC as a club comes out with a bit of fight back then I'm sure theses '' offensive songs '' will stop again,so hopefully with this latest UEFA action something may just get done??,but I won't hold my breath. If football songs are so '' offensive '' then don't go to the football.

So, after all due consideration, your position is that if these songs are never sung again, the victimhood industry will grind to a halt and the Catholic/Irish/Celtic community will relinquish all offence? Good luck with that.

Perhaps not but they'd have a lot less to shout about.

Absolutely not, nothing offensive about it whatsoever.

That's the point though, according to you it's black and white, if 'they' take offence then it's offensive, regardless of the content or intent, and the only way to remove the offence is to stop singing the song. I'm afraid you seem to be the one with the fence wire rubbing your crack.

Do what Calscot suggested on another thread - "build a brick house with no windows and then start lobbing some stones..."

Aye,I know mate,I feel better after my wee rant:angel:

None of these songs offend anyone though,really,but now these songs are legaly offensive?????:(