Ally wins touchline ban appeal

Will the fact he is not directly employed by Celtic mean nothing will happen?

That about sums it up. The way things have been going this season I doubt if anything would happen anyway even it was someone from Celtic. Maybe a fine or something, but nothing more serious.

It'll still kick off though. The press will milk the hell out of this and the SFA will be forced to comment.

It stinks of more pressure being put on the SFA and the referees from Celtic, but they're doing it through a QC instead of coming out with it themselves.

It'll still kick off though. The press will milk the hell out of this and the SFA will be forced to comment.

It stinks of more pressure being put on the SFA and the referees from Celtic, but they're doing it through a QC instead of coming out with it themselves.

It's clearly working in their favour tonight as well,Brines is a fucking disgrace,he's terrified to give anything against the BHEASTS,shocking.

If Rangers win this league this season it will be against all odds,the BHEASTS have the refs and the SFA on the run,in fact they are breaching on bringing the game into disrepute. Our players need to up their game as they are really up against it,in fact it seems that Rangers will not be allowed to win the league!!

If Rangers win this league this season it will be against all odds,the BHEASTS have the refs and the SFA on the run,in fact they are breaching on bringing the game into disrepute. Our players need to up their game as they are really up against it,in fact it seems that Rangers will not be allowed to win the league!!

No, They have already got away with bringing the game into disrepute, wonder what would have happened in the cup final if the Jelavic penalty incident happened to them.

Lets be honest here lads. The two players got away with murder

Diouf nah, Bougherra slightly.

He is totally correct people with tiny brains can see the bias and prejudice.

After my link for the ESPN commentary froze, I clicked link 2 and got Celtic tv commentary. Now if I have ever heard bias,prejudice and propaganda then this is it. The name calling of referee Brines as anti Celtic was plentiful. I must admit not giving a penalty for the blatant handball by Duberry didn't help any and brought him a crescendo of abuse.:smile:

SCOTLAND caps and cup final goals.

Hampden Park is the venue which helped Ally McCoist make his name on the pitch.

Yesterday it was where he cleared his name off it.

The Rangers No 2 fought for his club and country countless times in the national stadium but yesterday he turned up to prove he didn't start a barney.

McCoist was hit with a two-game touchline ban for adopting a threatening manner towards Neil Lennon in the so-called Old Firm shame game on March 2 but after winning his appeal, McCoist beamed proudly: "There's a bit of clarity there now - and in my opinion a bit of SANITY has been brought to the situation.

"I am actually quite proud of the fact that I have got a reasonable - in fact, very, very good - disciplinary record.

"The one thing I don't do is argue with people. I don't fall out and fight with other coaches and assistant managers.

"Generally speaking I maybe have a disagreement with a referee but I don't fall out with them either to any great degree.

"My record is something I'm quite proud of and I'm pleased that's still the case now.

"It won't change me one bit. I'll still hopefully have all the respect in the world for fellow coaches and fellow managers - as well as opposition players and referees."

McCoist was flanked by Rangers director of football administration, Andrew Dickson, but pleaded his own case personally.

Emerging from the committee meeting just after lunchtime, McCoist added: "I feel delighted, genuinely thrilled but I'm not surprised. It wasn't something I was pleased having levelled against me, but thankfully we can now move on.

"I have nothing against the people who levelled this against me.

"Sometimes people see things differently as we all do, managers, coaches and players. I just felt the offence levelled against me was totally wrong.

"That theory now has been proved right. For me common sense has prevailed.

"My case for the defence was that I didn't commit the offence which was put against me. I didn't feel I adopted a threatening or aggressive attitude.

Thankfully the gentlemen on the committee agree with that and I'm delighted."

The focus will now be on McCoist and Lennon for the next Old Firm game at Ibrox on April 24.

The Rangers assistant boss hopes all eyes are on what happens ON the pitch.

He added: "I really hope the spotlight is on both teams on the park and I'm sure that's the way it will be.

"We've both moved on now - it's history - and I look forward to some great games between now and the end of the season.

"The fact I'm able to be in the dug-out for the Old Firm match is a big relief.

"We can now put this matter behind us and press on with the campaign and attempt to retain the championship.

"I don't want to stand here and start pontificating about how well behaved we are, this, that and the next thing - because that's not the case. We have a responsibility and we need to continue to show that.

"You can make arguments for things happening at the end of the game and other sports - it's nothing in comparison.

"I would really hate to undermine the situation and I won't do that. I won't be forgetting my responsibility.

"I know there will be a lot of pressure on both teams in the next Old Firm game.

"Hopefully the outcome is one we're talking about in a footballing sense but I don't have any doubt it will be."

Rangers centre-half Madjid Bougherra escaped a further ban yesterday for his part in the Old Firm shame game.

He grabbed referee Calum Murray's arm when he was sent off and tried to stop him from flashing a red card.

Bougherra was only fined - with McCoist now hoping he doesn't quit the club in the summer.

He said: "It's a hope he stays next season. Obviously there have been reports to the contrary. I don't think there's any doubt within the next 24 to 48 hours we'll have a chat with Madjid."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3524332/This-clears-my-name-we-needed-sanity-and-stain-on-my-record-was-WRONG.html#ixzz1JM2GfXrd

ALLY McCOIST insisted justice was done after he was cleared of fighting with Neil Lennon.

The Rangers assistant-manager was hit with a two-match touchline ban for scrapping with the Celtic boss after the Old Firm game of hate in March.

Last night Lennon, though, hit back and confessed he has now been left wondering why he's the ONLY person punished for the shameful bust-up.

McCoist won his appeal yesterday and left Hampden Park beaming.

He said: "I am glad common sense has prevailed, it's a bit of justice, and I'm delighted.

"I didn't come here fearing the worst. I looked at the case against me compared to the case we had to put forward and felt - using video evidence as well - it was very strong. That's the way it has turned out."

Last night Lennon hit out at the ruling - claiming he had been singled out by the SFA.

He revealed he's considering demanding a copy of the MINUTES from McCoist's hearing.

He said: "You have to comment on it. It seems like I'm not allowed to comment on a lot of things these days.

"You have to see it for what it is. If you have any media integrity you call it as it is.

"It's interesting that out of the so-called shame game I'm the only one who has been punished and three others have been let off. I'm not surprised, just interested. It's a pity I couldn't get to see the minutes of the meeting. Would there have been any point in me appealing? I don't think so, that's why I didn't.

"I might ask for the minutes. I haven't got round to it today. I've been a bit busy."

McCoist clashed with Lennon seconds after the final whistle of the Old Firm Scottish Cup clash at Parkhead on March 2.Rangers chief executive Martin Bain added: "We have been fully supportive of Alistair's position on this issue from the beginning and we're glad that common sense has prevailed."

Meanwhile, Hibs No 2 Derek Adams has landed a six-game dugout ban - after being reported to the beaks for the fourth time in TWO YEARS.

Adams was banished by ref Alan Muir in his side's 2-0 loss to Motherwell in January for allegedly using foul and abusive language.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3524653/Coisty-beats-SFA-ban-and-smiles-This-was-JUSTICE.html#ixzz1JM7YHj2v