Statement From SFA Regan

Cant speak for advocates but us accountants have ethical standards to uphold and that stretches beyond the realms of just your job. I would be very surprised if the Faculty of Advocates didnt have as stringent, if not more so, rules and ethical standards in place. Bright guy though he obviously is, he may have scored an own goal on this one.

here's hoping Craig

The one thing I'd be quite clear about is that Queen's Counsel don't make apparently unguarded and reckless public statements without having thought carefully about the consequences. I would have to believe McBride made a conscious decision to give that interview and a conscious decision to say what he did. Why he did so remains unclear but I'd steer away from assumptions of rash stupidity.

I think the SFA and Regan have been too quick to rush out with a counter statement and I wouldnt be surprised to see more statements today going on past performance. If there is a case for defamation then get a bloomin lawyer and stop all this posturing - its clear that McBride has plenty of friends to give him the platform he needs so why get drawn into a war of words that could backfire?

It was rhetorical of course but it is a question any serious commentator should be asking of them...

Perhaps that is the problem, serious commentators in Scotland !!

Regan should have said, McCoist and Lennon were both banned, McCoist appealed, Lennon didn't.

I have to say I thought the players were lucky.

They were lucky but who can blame for the SFA for taking some revenge by using the rules to their advantage this time?

Moreover, Regan had prejudiced these cases beforehand with his comments so I'm sure Rangers made that clear as well to our benefit.

They were lucky but who can blame for the SFA for taking some revenge by using the rules to their advantage this time?

Moreover, Regan had prejudiced these cases beforehand with his comments so I'm sure Rangers made that clear as well to our benefit.

And based on his latest statement its clear the man is a slow learner!