STEVIE NAISMITH is the big winner at the annual Rangers awards ceremony at Glasgow's Hilton Hotel.

The 24-year-old attacker is celebrated a "double" after being voted Player of the Year by the Rangers supporters and then getting the vote from the dressing room when he was named Players' Player of the Year.

Naismith has undoubtedly been enjoying his best season as a Rangers player since joining on deadline day in August 2007.

He has been at the hub of all of Rangers' successes this season and has also provided his best goals return with 12 so far this season.

He said: "I was surrpised to be in the running for Player of th Year but to collect the award is something special.

"I'm a bit of a moaner on the pitch so to get the vote from the lads too is fantastic. I just hope we all go on to have more succecss this season and win the title."

It was also a fantastic night for 20-year-old midfielder Jamie Ness who has burst onto the scene this season.

Again he was the fans' choice as they voted him the Young Player of the Year for his terrific performances since his introduction at the turn of the year.

And he doubled that up when his sensational strike against Celtic on February 6 was voted Tennent's Goal of the Season.

Ness said: "It's unbelievable. I didn't expect any of this to be honest. There have been some great goals and great performances from young players so to come out on top is really great."

It was also a proud night for versatile star Steven Whittaker who was the recipient of the John Greig Achievement award.

He said: "I'm very proud. He said I put in some consistent performances so that was very nice to hear.

"I feel very honoured that he has chosen me. You know all about it when you came to this club and what he has achieved and what he has done so to receive an award from him means a lot.

The Sam English Rosebowl for leading scorer went to Kenny Miller, who left the club in January for Bursaspor. Nikica Jelavic accepted on his behalf.

Is The John Greig Achievement Award like the award the think kids at your school got for trying their hardest but not really doing much?

I'm a bit of a moaner on the pitch

You dont say!!

Congrats to him but IMO its the first 2-3 months of the season that won it for him. Other than that he has been average. McGregor and Miller would have been my picks. Ness and Hutton get a mention for bursting onto the scene and looking good for the future.

Jelavic would have won it hands down if he wasnt injured for a chunk of the season.