Victory Shield vs N. Ireland

Fleck is supposed to be much more than promising, he's supposed to be head and shoulders above his age group and one to really watch out for. He's so good I think he plays in the Rangers U19s rather than the U16s...

But if 7 players are in the Scotland team, it looks like Murray Park is doing something right.

Fleck is supposed to be much more than promising, he's supposed to be head and shoulders above his age group and one to really watch out for. He's so good I think he plays in the Rangers U19s rather than the U16s...

But if 7 players are in the Scotland team, it looks like Murray Park is doing something right.

Maybe he is much more than promising but until he breaks through into the top team any youngster will always be labelled "promising" - by definition it means they show promise, right ? - or that they haven't broken through yet. Not trying to be pedantic calscot.....

My post about the Tims and Man U (I think, not sure, that Chelsea & Arsenal were sniffing too) was that when you have teams of that calibre (Man U and Chelsea, Arsena & Man U, NOT Celtic) then the kid obviously has talent.

Hopefully he, and the rest that are coming through, will shine for a long time to come

Hopefully he, and the rest that are coming through, will shine for a long time to come

Here here. Archie Campbell certainly has plenty of pace to burn and showed some good touches. Scot Durie (Jukebox's son) also had a decent game in defence.

Maybe he is much more than promising but until he breaks through into the top team any youngster will always be labelled "promising" - by definition it means they show promise, right ? - or that they haven't broken through yet. Not trying to be pedantic calscot.....

But it does seem that your hair splitting is blinding you from the semantics of my point... :P

Which is:

There are a lot of promising youngsters in the youth teams, if they weren't promising they wouldn't be there. However from what I've heard, Fleck is a far more exciting prospect than your average under 16, head and shoulders above the rest. So to generically call him "promising" seemed a bit of an understatement which required some emphasis.

So let's just say that he IS more than JUST "promising", he's "very, highly, supercalifragilistically promising." ;)

But still not broken through yet (although give the guy time, he IS only about 15).