Hang your heads in shame

Guest scotranger

Guest scotranger

The statement yeaterday by Rangers IBC is in my opinion, an utter disgrace and those responsible for both the timing and its issue, should resign from the Rangers board forthwith. This especially applies to our current chairman AJ and so called "number 1 fan". At a time when we at last have some hope for the future, the very people who got us into a total mess in the first place and who have stood back over the last two years, doing nothing, whilst the club was being run into the ground , decide to issue this disgusting statement.The HMRC problem if indeed it actually turns out to be one, would have happened in any case and was not the fault of CW. Sir David Murray passed over his shares for the sum of �£1 after another surprise tax bill of �£2.9m was unearthed. Here yet again this bill was not a problem generated by CW. The current board are fully responsible! CW will clear off the club debt and invest in the future. The Plan B being considered by the board, turned out to be a non starter. IF CW had walked away, just what solutions were the IBC going to make? I venture to say NONE. We had no possibility to hold on to major stars, no money to attract fresh talent. At the very least CW offers us practical hope and this should be greeted with some dignity.

I disagree. SDM is responsible.

It's unfair to say that the board have done nothing over the past 2 years. When SDM walked away, they were left with a mess and they have managed it as well as can be expected.

They were quite right in issuing their statement yesterday and they would have been negligent if they hadn't done so.

I still have concerns over the Whyte funding.

Guest scotranger

BLUEDELL

We all have our opinions and I note you don't agree with mine. I respect that but over 23 years we fans have a hell of a lot to thank SDM for and he put his money where his mouth was time after time. The global crisis has forced MIH group to stand back over the last few years. He sells his shareholding for only �£1 what more do we expect. IF NO BUYER, then Rangers at best, degenerate further or at worst, to quote AJ go into administration. depending a negative outcome of HMRC situation. I hold to my view that the IBC in this case have done little to enhance the Rangers reputation and they simply can't be blameless for the mess we were in as a club.They were part of the problem. It is very easy just to blame SDM. As a Rangers shareholder CW will have my support and I hope other bears will agree.Concerned you may be but the 2011-2012 season would be bleak without the intervention of CW.

we fans have a hell of a lot to thank SDM for and he put his money where his mouth was time after time.

It's not "time after time". It was actually only twice. he stuck in �£10m at the same time as dave King, then put in �£50m following the overspend that he alone authorised, and I'd argue that he was morally obliged to do so, although credit to him for doing it.

The global crisis has forced MIH group to stand back over the last few years.

Actually it was Murray's approach of financing property with short term loans. Incredibly short-sighted.

He sells his shareholding for only �£1 what more do we expect.

Credit to him for that, but by doing so, he escapes the potential of the tax liability so not entirely altruistic.

IF NO BUYER, then Rangers at best, degenerate further or at worst, to quote AJ go into administration. depending a negative outcome of HMRC situation. I hold to my view that the IBC in this case have done little to enhance the Rangers reputation and they simply can't be blameless for the mess we were in as a club.They were part of the problem. It is very easy just to blame SDM. As a Rangers shareholder CW will have my support and I hope other bears will agree.Concerned you may be but the 2011-2012 season would be bleak without the intervention of CW.

It's easy to blame SDM because it's his fault. the other directors can have their say but the decisions are made by the person who controls 93% of the shares.

I do agree that the 11-12 season would be bleak without CW and from what we know, it is definitely a short term gain. My concerns are longer term though and having been misled about spending and finance of the club in the past, it is only prudent to have concerns about someone who has so far failed to share what their dreams and visions are for the club, even though his 2 PR men sat in the row in front of him at Ibrox today. I hope my concerns are fruitless and wish CW all the best.

It is hard to argue with people who simply wont see the facts as they stand.

Scotranger, you try to palm off the blame for our malaise onto the Board and yet in the same post effectively thank SDM - you dont find that to be a touch ironic ? SDM was the man who "led" our club to the abyss. Look at the Board all you like but when the chairman also owns 93% it is very hard for a board to be effective in going against the wishes of the chairman and almost sole owner of the club.

We won a lot of trophies under SDM but, IMO, many of them would have been won even without his "boom and bust" mentality. The Tims were on their knees and probably the saddest indictment on SDM's reign is the fact that they not only dragged themselves up but overtook us off the field and we were the ones who looked lik going out of business.

Guest scotranger

OK you guys, so I appear to be the only fan of SDM and his record over the last 22+ years. i am also a great admirer of Walter Smith who points today, as he has done on many instances, his appreciation for the fantastic record of SDM. However it could it be that he does not know what he is talking about? I DON'T THINK SO! So fellow bears let's leave it at that, our opinions may be different but I am sure we all look forward to a brighter future for our club. Finally CRAIG: There are no worthwhile comparisons between Rangers and Septic. Their off field tactics are totally deplorable with nothing whatsoever to admire.

OK you guys, so I appear to be the only fan of SDM and his record over the last 22+ years..

You're not entirely alone. While I can see that SDM has made some terrible mistakes and cocked a good number of things up, I'm also not a Murray hater and I really appreciate the number of titles and silverware we've won during his ownership. If we win this current league campaign it'll be 16 Scottish League championships, 9 Scottish Cups and 11 League Cups under SDM's ownership. Now, not only is that a fantastic amount of success, it's also a stunning percentage of our total number of Scottish League titles. If we win this one, 16 titles out of 54 is an incredible 30% (actually 29.63%) of our clubs total title haul which is quite remarkable for a 22 year period. Combine that with the extremely rare event of getting to a European final just 3 years ago and I won't be one of the ones cursing SDM for the rest of my days. Yes, he cocked a good number of things up and has left us with some problems, but I'll mostly remember the overall 22 Murray years for the amount of success we've had. 16 Scottish League championships and 20 cup trophies in 22 years is fucking amazing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/8500665/Rangers-new-owner-Craig-Whyte-ready-to-fight-his-corner-in-boardroom-battle.html

The group in question had cast doubt on his ability to provide the investment needed to reinforce the squad and refurbish the stadium, both of which have suffered from lack of investment during the economic downturn.

The independent board committee – consisting of chief executive Martin Bain, former manager John Greig, and two other directors, John McClelland and Donald McIntyre, issued a statement via the club’s website on Friday night which said that they and Wavetower – the company through which Whyte has effected his takeover – “have differing views on the future revenue generation and cash requirements of the club, and the IBC is concerned about a lack of clarity on how future cash requirements would be met, particularly any liability arising from the outstanding HMRC case”.

The latter reference is to a test case on potential tax liabilities that could total Ã?£30 million. However, Whyte – in his first meeting with the media – told the Sunday Telegraph: “The statement from the board is complete and utter nonsense and actually they know it’s nonsense. I think maybe certain individuals have different agendas and obviously people enjoy their positions within the club and don’t necessarily like change.

“I’ve spoken to some of the directors today and they have told me – the directors that I spoke to – that they were not in favour of that statement going out and would remove it from the club’s website as soon as possible.”

As to the news that most concerns Rangers fans in the short term, Whyte said: “I think there are four or five players required according to the conversations I’ve had with [outgoing manager] Walter Smith, but again I’ll need to speak to Ally McCoist and see what his plans are. He’ll obviously have his own ideas. He’s the new manager and I’ll do what I can to help him make things happen

“It’s a fantastic club and I think we can achieve a lot. We can expand the commercial activities of the club. I think we can do a lot with the brand.

“It all comes back to success on the field. The most important thing is we do well and we win trophies – and obviously I’m a passionate Rangers supporter and that’s a big part of it as well.”

Edited by chilledbear