Bigotry, Bombs and Football

Good documentaries make you think, can change your mind some have even seen the law changed in this country. To me this was just a series of weak sound-bites poorly narrated.

Agreed more walking on tip toes than bulldozing any problems. Poor Quality all round and the bit with let's get the meaning of 2 supporters was just laughable.

Guest Dutchy
I missed this,is there anywhere I can watch it on line?.

You should be able to see it on the iPlayer. I didn't see it either as I don't have a TV and no TV license. If I were to watch the iPlayer, I could get done as well as having an illegal TV.

Or so I read in their own bumph. That's why I would welcome a Pay per View facility as soon as possible, because there is a few programmes worth watching. Funny thing is, I can go to a library computer and watch it. Do they have a license???

You should be able to see it on the iPlayer. I didn't see it either as I don't have a TV and no TV license. If I were to watch the iPlayer, I could get done as well as having an illegal TV.

Or so I read in their own bumph. That's why I would welcome a Pay per View facility as soon as possible, because there is a few programmes worth watching. Funny thing is, I can go to a library computer and watch it. Do they have a license???

I don't have a TV or pay the licence fee. I am not breaking the law watching this on my pc. The TV license only covers live broadcasts.

My source is here. http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/technology-top8/

Guest Dutchy
I don't have a TV or pay the licence fee. I am not breaking the law watching this on my pc. The TV license only covers live broadcasts.

My source is here. http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/technology-top8/

Thanks for that sairdy. Obviously the bumph they sent me was not as clear as that.

Or it could have been that I read the bumph after a particulary 'indulgent' night, which is the more likelier. lol

Guest Dutchy

Just watched this programme on the iPlayer and other than there not being any definition of the phrase 'vested interests', which was used extensively at the beginning of the programme by anti-sectarian organizations, it was not very useful and I'd have to say it's all been heard before.But it was good for increasing the sensationalism that goes with these sort of discussions.

It's makes me feel vindicated in not watching TV and certainly not paying for the lisense fee to watch it.

These programmes are always the same. They're more about what they don't say, rather than any real 'investigation'.

Just watched this programme on the iPlayer and other than there not being any definition of the phrase 'vested interests', which was used extensively at the beginning of the programme by anti-sectarian organizations, it was not very useful and I'd have to say it's all been heard before.But it was good for increasing the sensationalism that goes with these sort of discussions.

It's makes me feel vindicated in not watching TV and certainly not paying for the lisense fee to watch it.

These programmes are always the same. They're more about what they don't say, rather than any real 'investigation'.

Watching the BBC online incurs the same license fee as owning a TV.

Computers and laptops

Many TV channels are now available to watch over the internet. If you’re watching programmes on a computer or laptop as they're being shown on TV, then you need a TV Licence. However, you don’t need to be covered by a licence if you’re only using ‘on-demand’ services to watch programmes after they have been shown on TV. So, you need a licence to watch any channel live online, but you wouldn’t need one to use BBC iPlayer to catch up on an episode of a programme you missed, for example.

Not as long as it is not live and it is later than the original screening according to this..

Guest Dutchy

We've just been through all that Danny as that was what I said originally, based on the TV licensing peoples bumph themselves. Sairdy then sent a link to their website and it says there that watching anything on demand does not incur any penalty.

Even if they did come knowcking at my door, I'd show them this information and point what it says. Best excuse for watching TV without a license is their own words.

Check it out yourself

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/technology-top8/

Many TV channels are now available to watch over the internet. If you’re watching programmes on a computer or laptop as they're being shown on TV, then you need a TV Licence. However, you don’t need to be covered by a licence if you’re only using ‘on-demand’ services to watch programmes after they have been shown on TV. So, you need a licence to watch any channel live online, but you wouldn’t need one to use BBC iPlayer to catch up on an episode of a programme you missed, for example.