Cosgrove saying the word Hun is okay

I have no trouble with that and think he is right the word Fenian and Hun are only bad when used in a derogatory context aimed at a person. I think we have to be careful we are not taking these things over the top. I just wonder what will happen if you call someone a spastic. Will the police also act.

Guest Dutchy

I'm pretty sure that they would, under disability legislation.

There's absolutely no need to use any religious 'phrases', but I'm listening to 5Live at the moment and that Robbie Savage is going on about what might have happened if the fan a Tynecastle had a knife, or other weapon on him, as opposed to what actually happened.

Surely a case of a silly footballer joining the media and coming out with the hyper 'what if' rubbish, which fans the flames of an already delicate situaion. But I don't expect any trouble from the champions fans tommorow. It's the way Cosgrove goes about expressing his comments that would rile a saint, never mind a put upon Gers fan.

We didn't make the rules. if TBB and/or fenian is unacceptable then so is hun. They can't have it both ways.

Saying that, Cosgrove isn't saying that the word can be used for Rangers fans, and presumably would make the argument that Wolfe Tone could be described as a fenian, although I doubt he'd dare to make that argument on a BBC Scotland programme.

Guest Dutchy

Yeah, that programe is getting worse. Time for a new team on the BBC. One that reflects the larger community, as opposed to Rangers haters, that make their living from us.

I listened for over 7 mins to hear what was supposed to be said, and still never heard it - the programme is 2 hours long and not that funny - had to give up.

Ian said it was at 1.55 you can push the slider bar with the mouse arrow.