Walter Smith mentioned in Parliament

Guest Dutchy
Ally has an MBE.

I knew it was one of them lol

What they should do is invent a new honour for Walter, a BME.

Best Manager of the Empire.

I knew it was one of them lol

What they should do is invent a new honour for Walter, a BME.

Best Manager of the Empire.

Sir Awex wouldnt be too happy at that....

Not being biased - he deserves a knighthood. There's very few who have given such dignified service to sport.

I agree entirely. It is curious though that he's been a bit more 'open' since quitting. Saying we need a shitload of new players, saying he'd have quit if he'd received those death threats, and also attacking Celtic over their refereeing embarrassments earlier in the season. Stuff he would never have said if still in the job.

I agree entirely. It is curious though that he's been a bit more 'open' since quitting. Saying we need a shitload of new players, saying he'd have quit if he'd received those death threats, and also attacking Celtic over their refereeing embarrassments earlier in the season. Stuff he would never have said if still in the job.

To me whilst he was employed as manager of Rangers he knew that he had to act in a certain dignified manner, which he did.

As soon as he retired he is at liberty to say as he pleases as he is now only "former" manager, therefore what he says cannot be tagged to him, or Rangers, in an official capacity.

To this bear it actually looks to me as if he carried through the Rangers standard till his days had finished, despite ligitimately having complaints about both internal and external affairs.

On a less impressive note he was mentioned in the magazine "Sport" that is handed out free at my gym behind Villa Boas and Pep Guardiola as the manager of the year (outwith England) for a record 54th title for Rangers and 3 in a row in times of boardroom and ownership uncertainty and also potential financial oblivion.

Tbh Villa Boas has done a good job at Porto. He has turned a side that ended up 3rd last season and about 10 points behind Benfica to winning the league by 20 points, plus the Europa League doubt they can hang onto a lot of their players e.g. Hulk and Falcao. Pep suppose he has done well even though even has some of the worlds most talented players in a lot of positions. I also thought Jurgen Klopp did well at Dortmund winning the league and such.

I am surprised he even got mentioned but there are many reason and in some ways its slight recognition. I would have put Walter at number 1 biased hat on! :D

Tbh Villa Boas has done a good job at Porto. He has turned a side that ended up 3rd last season and about 10 points behind Benfica to winning the league by 20 points, plus the Europa League doubt they can hang onto a lot of their players e.g. Hulk and Falcao. Pep suppose he has done well even though even has some of the worlds most talented players in a lot of positions. I also thought Jurgen Klopp did well at Dortmund winning the league and such.

I am surprised he even got mentioned but there are many reason and in some ways its slight recognition. I would have put Walter at number 1 biased hat on! :D

Walter, I think, obviously got a nod not so much for winning a league and cup double but because of his enormous success over his two terms and winning title 54 and 3iar during an era of immense belt tightening. I dont think the inidividual achievement this year would have been enough to see him nominated alongside the other two.

Villa Boas had an awesome season at Porto. What was it? Just two draws in the league season? Didn't really follow the German league tbh. :(

Villa Boas had an awesome season at Porto. What was it? Just two draws in the league season?

It was 3 draws, so 6 league points dropped from 90. It's a very good record although with the 16 team league in Portugal it's not as tough to mantain a high standard in the league while also playing European football because they only play 30 league games. The other thing is that while he brought in some very good players last summer he did inherit a cracking Porto team from Ferreira.