Leggo - god save scotland from republican rose

really starting to hate this country and the way it's going. Arrested for Rule Britannia give me strength, they will ban the wearing of a rangers top in public next. Spoke to a mum yesterday whose wee one had a rangers jacket on her words hope it doesn't offend anyone that's the world we live in. My reply only people it offends get offended by everything so let the wee one wear it with his head held high.

Guest Dutchy

I can't remember anyone saying that singing Rule Britania was to outlawed, but I accept I may have missed that one.

That was poor one by Leggo I thought. There was a bit of double standards there I thought. He says that folk crossing themselves causes him no trouble as we live in a free country, free to follow, or not follow whatever religion you want without fear. It may be a good idea for him to realise that all opinions, in a democracy, should be allowed to be expressed as well.

The Austrailian government keep going on about getting rid of the queen as their head of state. That was an opinion that amounted to nothing happening. The New Zealanders, Canadians and many countries in Africa still retain the queen as their head in some way or another.

And as to the possiblity of Scotland suddenly throwing out the queen as our figure head has no evidence in fact as we've already had the situation in the past whereby the union of the parliments happend in or around 1707, whereas the union of the crowns came into effect in or around 1604. A fully 103 years where the King, at that time was the king of both countries, withiout many problems. With the exception of some people not being happy about it.

Folk are entiled to their opinion, it does not mean that their opinion will become statute, no matter how much they blow on about it.

I love David Leggat's blog, almost as much as I enjoy the indignation of some Rangers fans that he hasn't quite caught the true essence of the issue or that his use of language might not have climbed the summit of Shakespearian tradition. Most of all I like Leggat because he has found a way to challenge on a daily basis some of the madness that surrounds us, which is more than anyone else has managed so far. More power to him.

the deprodification of scotland is well under way and no one of any stature is standing up to be counted on the matter.

there are plenty in the mhedia and in the world of politics chipping away at our country and heritage making us feel like second class citizens for being british and non catholic.

If the likes of republican rosie and her pro catholic Irish chums arent careful the whole situation might blow up in everyones faces.

the deprodification of scotland is well under way and no one of any stature is standing up to be counted on the matter.

there are plenty in the mhedia and in the world of politics chipping away at our country and heritage making us feel like second class citizens for being british and non catholic.

If the likes of republican rosie and her pro catholic Irish chums arent careful the whole situation might blow up in everyones faces.

Agree, i think the touch paper has already been lit on this, unless someone has the sense to put it out soon i can see trouble on the streets.

I love David Leggat's blog, almost as much as I enjoy the indignation of some Rangers fans that he hasn't quite caught the true essence of the issue or that his use of language might not have climbed the summit of Shakespearian tradition. Most of all I like Leggat because he has found a way to challenge on a daily basis some of the madness that surrounds us, which is more than anyone else has managed so far. More power to him.

I also like his blog,ok sometimes he seems to be a tad obsessed with OC,but then no-one else comes out and has a go at him and I like that,also he is not afraid to call it true and fair.